Vermont State Police Log: VSP pursuing leads in crime spree
ADDISON COUNTY — Vermont State Police received an unusually large number of reports of vehicle thefts and thefts from vehicles in Bristol, Lincoln, Monkton and Starksboro throughout the early morning of Oct. 20. Troopers are actively working on solving these cases and identifying the people responsible.
They are encouraging people to remove anything of value from their vehicles and lock their doors.
Anyone with information related to these cases is asked to call the Vermont State Police at the New Haven barracks at 802-388-4919 (Option 3) or to submit an anonymous tip online at vsp.vermont.gov/tipsubmit.
Separately, state police cleaned up after a Jeep vs. pickup truck crash on Route 7 near South Middlebrook Road in Waltham on Oct. 17. Police report that at around a quarter after 6 p.m. that day, Michael Walker, 44, of Charlotte was driving a 2015 Jeep Renegade trying to enter the highway from Middlebrook Road when he failed to yield to oncoming traffic. A northbound 2010 Chevy Silverado driven by Justin Eckenhoff, 25, of Charlotte struck the Jeep on its passenger side. Walker and his vehicle went skiddering into the field on the east side of Route 7.
The Vergennes Area Rescue Squad took Walker, who was not wearing a seatbelt, to UVM Medical Center for suspected moderate injuries. No injuries were reported for Eckenhoff. The Vergennes Fire Department assisted at the crash scene.
In other recent activity, troopers:
• On Oct. 19 at around 1:30 a.m. stopped to check on a motorist in the parking lot of the Jiffy Mart in New Haven. Police said they noticed signs of impairment in driver Jeremiah Delorme, 27, of Vergennes. They screened Delorme, arrested him, took him to the New Haven barracks and cited him for driving under the influence, third offense, and driving with a criminally suspended license. Then police released Delorme to a sober person.
• On Oct. 20 wrapped up an investigation into a domestic assault case. Police report that on Aug. 1 Anthony Miller, 25, of Middlebury caused bodily injury to a juvenile family member. Troopers last week cited Miller for domestic assault.
• On Oct. 21 at a quarter to 10 a.m. responded to a family fight at a Stonewall Drive home in Bristol. Police said their Investigation showed that Alishajane Martin, 30, of Bristol had recklessly caused bodily injury to a household member while in the presence of a child. Troopers cited Martin for domestic assault.
• On Oct. 21 at 8:30 p.m. closed Route 116 in Middlebury between Cobble Road and Quarry Road while Green Mountain Power repaired downed power lines. The road closure lasted a little more than an hour.
• On Oct. 22 at around a quarter of an hour before midnight responded to a minor motor vehicle crash on Panton Road in Panton. Police cited William Cash, 46, of Plantation, Fla., for driving under the influence.
Vergennes police last week were twice called to deal with patients being dismissed from th … (read more)
Vermont State Police dealt with several motor vehicle incidents in the past week — some in … (read more)
Middlebury police responded to the report of a man exposing himself in the drive-through o … (read more)