Middlebury Police Log: Woman cited for providing false information
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Jessica L. Devoid, 41, for providing false information to a police officer in Frog Hollow Alley on May 12.
Police said the citation followed their investigation of a report that a dog had been left inside a hot car parked off Mill Street.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
- Received a report about a person driving erratically on Ossie Road on May 9.
- Responded to an accident off Golf Course Road on May 9 that involved one vehicle crashing into three parked, unattended cars.
- Responded to a report of a person who had reportedly passed out at the side of North Pleasant Street on May 9. Police said the person was OK.
- Logged a complaint about speeding vehicles on East Main Street on May 9.
- Investigated a complaint of ongoing stalking in the Court Street area on May 10.
- Responded with Middlebury Regional EMS to a report of a woman experiencing a medical emergency in the Twin Circles area on May 10.
- Assisted Vermont State Police with a DUI stop on Route 7 South on May 10.
- Responded to a complaint that someone left a Court Street Extension filing station without paying for their fuel on May 10.
- Responded to an alleged stalking complaint in the Court Street area on May 11.
- Responded to a report of a child screaming in the Peterson Terrace neighborhood on May 11. Police said they couldn’t locate the origin of the scream.
- Served a mental health warrant on a person in the Lindale Circle area on May 11. Police said the person was taken to Porter Hospital.
- Investigated a stalking complaint in the Buttolph Drive area on May 11.
- Responded to the Hallway Road area to assist a man who was lost and needed medical attention on May 11.
- Responded to a theft complaint in the Route 7 South area on May 11.
- Responded to a report of a loose cow on Route 7 North on May 11. Police said the farmer retrieved the animal.
- Assisted a local person who had been receiving harassing electronic messages on May 12.
- Received a complaint about “several” intoxicated men in the recreation park near Mary Hogan School on May 12.
- Arrested William Harris, 63, of Middlebury on an outstanding warrant on May 12.
- Were informed that someone had stolen a mountain bike from the top of a vehicle parked on Middlebury College campus on May 12.
- Returned a child who had wandered into a neighboring apartment off Danyow Drive on May 12.
- Received a complaint on May 12 from Sanel Auto Parts about a possible fraud case. Police said they’re investigating the matter.
- Responded to a report on May 12 of a man believed to have jumped off the Cross Street Bridge into the Otter Creek below. Polices said they found the man in question and determined he hadn’t made the dangerous jump.
- Warned a pet owner against leaving their dog in a vehicle parked at The Centre shopping plaza on what was a hot May 12.
- Were informed of the alleged theft of a cell phone from a person while in the Route 7 South area on May 12.
- Checked out a report of a woman who was allegedly crying for help in the Court Street Extension area on May 13.
- Responded to the Jayne Court/Weybridge Street area on May 13 on a report of an ongoing dispute involving a weapon.
- Responded to a report of a loud party in the vicinity of Cross and South Pleasant streets on May 13.
- Received a report that someone had broken into a truck to steal some items while it was parked off Route 30 on May 13.
- Assisted Vermont State Police with a case involving a runaway youth in the Halpin Road area on May 14.
- Responded to a report of a customer who was upset that a Jolley Shortstop worker wouldn’t accept a passport as proof of age to purchase alcohol on May 14.
- Responded to a report of a “heavily intoxicated person” who had passed out off Maple Street on May 15.
- Received a report of a drunken man causing problems at the Tennybrook store on Court Street on May 15. Police said the man had left by the time they arrived.
- Reunited a person with their lost wallet on May 15.
- Investigated a report of possible child abuse in the Exchange Street area on May 15.
- Investigated a report of someone drawing graffiti in the Three Mile Bridge area on May 15.
- Arranged to get shelter for a homeless woman on May 15.
Bristol police on Feb. 8 arrested Brian Dodds, 37, of Bristol on an outstanding warrant an … (read more)
Vergennes police dealt with a variety of cases in a busy week between Feb. 12 and 18, incl … (read more)
Middlebury police cited Richard J. Murray, 57, of Middlebury for driving under the influen … (read more)