Middlebury Police Log: Woman cited for aggravated assault
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Tonya White, 36, of Middlebury for aggravated assault and reckless endangerment after the alleged assault of a caregiver in the Route 7 South area on Nov. 4.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Assisted Vermont State Police in Weybridge with a one-vehicle rollover accident on Nov. 4.
• Received a report that a pedestrian had struck a vehicle with his hand as it was passing by him on Route 7 North on Nov. 4. Police said they were unable to find the pedestrian.
• Launched an investigation on Nov. 4 into a potential assault at Middlebury Union High School. Police said they are reviewing video footage as part of the case.
• Assisted Vermont State Police in Salisbury with a man who had been experiencing a mental health crisis on Nov. 5. Police said the man was connected with medical and mental health services.
• Took a patient, by police cruiser, to Porter Hospital at around 1:25 a.m. on Nov. 5. Police said Middlebury Regional EMS was not available at the time due to its crews being on multiple other calls.
• Investigated a vehicle-deer crash on Route 7 South on Nov. 6.
• Mediated a family dispute at a Lower Plains Road home on Nov. 6.
• Investigated a possible theft from Hannaford Supermarket on Nov. 6. Authorities and store officials are still determining whether anything was stolen.
• Assisted a Creek Road resident who on Nov. 6 had been the target of a scam involving a fraudulent check.
• Connected a despondent man with mental health counseling at Porter Hospital on Nov. 7.
• Responded to a report of a drunken man in the Main Street area on Nov. 7. Police said they took the man to a Rutland detox facility.
• Assisted emergency responders at the scene of a crash on Route 125 in Ripton on Nov. 7.
• Got a sober driver for an intoxicated person who had purportedly talked about getting behind the wheel in the Exchange Street area on Nov. 7.
• Assisted Mary Hogan Elementary School staff with a student who had been “acting inappropriately” on campus on Nov. 7.
• Responded to a report of a man found deceased at a Danyow Drive home on Nov. 7. Police said the man — John Prushko, 64, of Middlebury — had died of natural causes.
• Ticketed a local juvenile for being a minor in possession of tobacco on Middlebury Union Middle School grounds on Nov. 7.
• Received a report on Nov. 7 about the possible sexual assault of a juvenile in the Lower Foote Street area.
• Responded to a report of a man and woman arguing at an East Main Street home on Nov. 8.
• Investigated a cruelty to animals allegation at a Buttolph Drive residence on Nov. 8. Police said a man — who had allegedly been experiencing mental health problems — allegedly cut his pet rabbit with a knife. Police said criminal charges are pending against the man, who was taken to Porter Hospital to be evaluated by Counseling Service of Addison County officials.
• Got mental health counseling for a woman who claimed to have been assaulted by another woman in the Court Street area on Nov. 8. Police said they were unable to determine whether an assault had taken place.
• Received a report on Nov. 9 that a Schwinn bicycle had been stolen from the yard of a North Pleasant Street home on Nov. 9.
• Took into protective custody a drunken man who had been a guest at the Charter House warming shelter on North Pleasant Street on Nov. 9. Police said they took the man to Rutland to receive detox services.
• Investigated a report of someone allegedly pulling up America flags on the town green on Nov. 9. Police said they found all the flags in place, with the exception of one that had been draped across a shrub in front of the Charter House. Police returned the flag to its proper spot.
• Cited Cassandra Donegan, 59, of New Haven for driving under the influence following a traffic stop on North Pleasant Street on Nov. 9. Police said they measured Donegan’s blood-alcohol content at 0.092 percent; the legal limit for driving is 0.08.
• Assisted Porter Hospital Emergency Department staff with a juvenile who was causing problems on Nov. 10.
• Responded to a noise complaint in the Weybridge Street neighborhood on Nov. 10.
• Received a report about someone driving away from the Maplefields store off Route 7 South without paying for gasoline on Nov. 10.
• Helped Vermont State Police locate a vehicle on Route 7 North on Nov. 10.
• Were informed on Nov. 10 that someone had pulled street signs out of the groud on Shannon and Weybridge streets.
• Responded to a report of a vehicle leaving the scene of an accident on Court Street Extension on Nov. 11.
Vergennes Police Log: Stops focus on ‘buckle up’
With a few days still remaining in the effort, Vergennes police had between May 22 and Jun … (read more)
Vermont State Police Log: Monkton resident arraigned on hundreds of counts
Deaths and fires mixed in with other alleged illegal activity to make it quite a busy week … (read more)
Middlebury Police Log: Police aid in suspected homicide investigation
Middlebury police on Friday, June 2, stopped a vehicle driven on John Graham Court by Pete … (read more)