Middlebury Police Log: Theft, road rage, abuse
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Sharon Brailsford, 50, of Essex for retail theft and unlawful trespass at Hannaford’s supermarket on Aug. 13.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Collected forensic evidence from Porter Hospital for a potential sexual assault case on Aug. 12.
• Responded to a domestic dispute at a Route 7 North location on Aug. 12.
• Investigated an alleged “road rage” incident on Aug. 12 in which a pickup truck ran into a motorcyclist in a driveway on South Street. Police reported no injuries and the matter is under investigation.
• Assisted with an out-of-control juvenile at a Dow Farm Lane residence on Aug. 13.
• Investigated a report of a small group of motorcyclists driving erratically on Route 7 North on Aug. 13.
• Responded to an untimely death in the Exchange Street area on Aug. 13. Police said Melissa Raymond, 68, of Shoreham was found deceased. Police did not suspect foul play.
• Were informed of the theft of an unspecified amount of cash and a flashlight from an unlocked vehicle parked off Woodbridge Lane on Aug. 13.
• Were informed on Aug. 13 the Addison County Unit for Special Investigations had launched an investigation into a possible “juvenile sexual abuse” case in the Main Street area.
• Checked on noise complaint about a possible gunshot in the Jackson Lane area on Aug. 14. Police said they were unable to determine source of noise.
• Warned a person who was driving erratically on South Ridge Drive on Aug. 14.
• Assisted caller with a child custody issue on Aug. 14.
• Interviewed a person on Aug. 14 who said her cellphone had been found smashed after having been taken from an Exchange Street business the previous day.
• Responded to a disorderly conduct complaint at a Monarch Court residence on Aug. 15. Police said they found a damaged window at the home that might have occurred during the argument.
• Assisted Middlebury firefighters at a Seymour Street residence where a barbeque grill had caught fire on Aug. 15.
• Investigated a family dispute at a Chipman Park home on Aug. 15.
• Told trespassers to leave a Weybridge Street property on Aug. 15.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS officials with a drunken man who had injured his hand in the Court Street area on Aug. 16.
• Searched in vain for a car that was allegedly being driven erratically on Route 7 South on Aug. 16.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS officials with a call at a Jayne Court residence on Aug. 16.
• Investigated a verbal domestic dispute in a Chipman Park residence on Aug. 16.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS with a suspected overdose patient at a North Pleasant Street home on Aug. 18.
• Investigated a dispute between some Case Street neighbors on Aug. 18.
• Investigated a possible child custodial interference issue at the Otterside Court apartments on Aug. 18.
• Responded to a report of possible gunshots fired in the Jackson Lane area on Aug. 17, but authorities didn’t find anything amiss.
• Assisted the Middlebury Fire Department with a fire alarm activation at the Pulp Mill Bridge on Seymour Street on Aug. 17.
• Assisted a woman who had lost touch with her caregiver at a Main Street location on Aug. 17. Police said Middlebury Regional EMS officials took the woman to Porter Hospital.
• Mediated a landlord-tenant dispute at a Court Street residence on Aug. 17.
• Responded to a report on Aug. 19 of a man bothering customers at the Maplefields store on North Pleasant Street. Police asked the man to leave the area.
• Received a report about a man sleeping on the porch of the Maplefields store on Aug. 19. Police told the man to leave the property.
Vergennes police on Sept. 19 cited a man with a Ferrisburgh address for domestic assault a … (read more)
Vermont State Police arrested a Bridport man and cited him for harming a housemate, and th … (read more)
Middlebury police last week spent a lot of time responding to complaints about a small com … (read more)