Middlebury Police Log for Aug. 24
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Ian J. Duane, 20, of Ardmore, Pa., for driving under the influence, after having been alerted that Duane had been seen sleeping in his car while parked behind a Court Street gas station on Aug. 18.
Police said Duane declined to submit to a breath test.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS (MREMS) at the scene of a “medical incident” on Park Street on Aug. 14.
• Served a temporary restraining order on a person in the Lindale Circle area on Aug. 14.
• Helped a woman who was experiencing a mental health crisis in the Creek Road area on Aug. 14. Police said the woman was taken to speak with Counseling Service of Addison County officials.
• Received a report about a motorcyclist driving erratically on South Street on Aug. 14.
• Found the owners of a dog that had been left in a vehicle off Route 7 South on Aug. 14.
• Were informed of the theft of a North Pleasant Street resident’s mailbox on Aug. 14.
• Assisted a local woman on Aug. 14 who had discovered that someone had fraudulently accessed her bank account.
• Arrested Timothy Farr, 70, of Middlebury on an outstanding arrest warrant on Aug. 15.
• Checked on the welfare of a man in the Maple Street area who had expressed feelings of self-harm on Aug. 15. Police said the man told them he didn’t intend to harm himself.
• Helped Brandon police with a domestic dispute in the Conant Square area of Brandon on Aug. 15.
• Spoke on Aug. 16 with a local woman who was concerned about a potential internet scam.
• Checked on the welfare of a local man who had expressed feelings of self-harm on Aug. 16. The man was OK, police said.
• Assisted a South Village Green resident who reported being harassed in Aug. 17.
• Investigated a trespassing complaint in downtown Middlebury on Aug. 17.
• Went to the intersection of Charles Avenue and Court Street on a report of a drunken man who had fallen off his bike on Aug. 17.
• Investigated a domestic dispute in the Jackson Lane neighborhood on Aug. 18.
• Assisted a local resident who was experiencing a mental health crisis on Aug. 18. Police said they took the person to Porter Medical Center.
• Cited Fletcher Johnston, 29, of Middlebury for an active arrest warrant on Aug. 18.
• Assisted MREMS on a call to the North Leno Lane area on Aug. 18.
• Responded, with MREMS, to a report of two unresponsive individuals in a vehicle parked off Belden Falls Road on Aug. 18. Police found the occupants awake, alert and not in need of medical attention.
• Assisted a Springside Road landlord with a difficult tenant on Aug. 18.
• Arrested Timothy Farr, 70, of Middlebury for violating his court-ordered conditions of release in the Court Street area on Aug. 19.
• Helped defuse a dispute between some Cedar Court neighbors on Aug. 19.
• Helped MREMS get into a Geordie’s Path home to respond to a medical call.
• Put a local woman in touch with CSAC after she said she didn’t feel safe in her apartment on Aug. 20.
• Arrested Jacob D. Burmania, 28, of Middlebury for allegedly violating his court-ordered conditions of release in the Court Street area on Aug. 20.
• Assisted MREMS on a medical call to a South Munger Street residence on Aug. 20.
• Were informed of a water main break in the Twin Circles area on Aug. 20.
Police have not yet determined whether they will charge a youth in the killing of a Waltha … (read more)
A Vergennes police officer was the first law enforcement official to respond to a home on … (read more)
Vermont State Police operating out of the New Haven barracks dealt with two violent incide … (read more)