Middlebury Police Log: Woman cited for aggravated domestic assault
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Holly MacDougal, 28, of East Middlebury for aggravated domestic assault, after an alleged incident in the North Branch Road area before 8 p.m. on Nov. 5.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Spoke with a local woman about a potential phone scam on Oct. 31.
• Assisted Middlebury Union Middle School officials with a student who had left campus prematurely on Oct. 31.
• Assisted an Exchange Street worker who reported receiving threats on Nov. 1.
• Assisted a woman who believed an ex-coworker had been following her on Boardman Street on Nov. 1.
• Assisted a woman who was having a mental health crisis in the Middlebury South Village area on Nov. 1.
• Gave a local person information on how to obtain a relief-from-abuse order on Nov. 2.
• Assisted MUMS with an unruly student on Nov. 2.
• Investigated a report of vandalism to a vehicle parked off Court Street Extension on Nov. 2.
• Found a Middlebury Union High School student to be in possession of marijuana on campus on Nov. 2.
• Responded to a report on Nov. 2 of a tractor-trailer hitting a fire hydrant at the intersection of Washington and High streets.
• Investigated a report of an unwanted person at a Court Street store on Nov. 3. Police said the man left the storer without incident.
• Served a temporary restraining order on a person in the Route 7 North area on Nov. 3.
• Spoke with a man on Willow Drive about a possible theft on Nov. 3.
• Assisted a person experiencing a mental crisis in the Main Street area on Nov. 4. Counseling Service of Addison County officials responded to the person’s home to help, police said.
• Cited Daley H. Ashworth-Harbas, 20, of Middlebury for retail theft, following an alleged incident at Hannaford Supermarket on Nov. 4.
• Interviewed a woman on Nov. 5 who said she’d been assaulted by another woman the day before.
• Assisted the Chittenden Unit for Special Investigations with a sexual assault investigation at Porter Medical Center on Nov. 5.
• Responded to a report of a man having a mental health crisis in the Middle Road area on Nov. 5.
• Got help for a drunken man found off Court Street Extension on Nov. 5.
• Responded to a report of a loud party at a Cross Street residence at around 12:30 a.m. on Nov. 6.
• Checked on a report of someone screaming and shouting in the Main Street area at around 2:40 a.m. on Nov. 6.
• Served a no-trespass order on Nov. 6 on a woman who wasn’t wanted at a Main Street business.
• Assisted a Court Street resident who reported receiving multiple unwanted phone calls from a neighbor on Nov. 6.
• Investigated a report of a vehicle being driven dangerously behind Hannaford Supermarket on Nov. 6.
• Searched in vain for the driver of a Toyota Highlander that was allegedly passing vehicles dangerously on Route 7 South on Nov. 6.
• Were informed of the theft of a bike from a Seminary Street location on Nov. 6.
• Assisted a woman who was experiencing mental health problems on Main Street on Nov. 6.
• Cited Michael Whitley, 20, of Weybridge for driving with a criminally suspended driver’s license on Weybridge Street on Nov. 6. Whitley was released on a citation, police said.
Vergennes Police Log: Unresponsive driver cited for DUI
Vergennes police on March 16 cited a Middlebury man for driving under the influence of alc … (read more)
Vermont State Police Log: Domestic disturbance ends in citation, jail
This past Sunday evening at around 5:15 p.m., Vermont State Police received the report of … (read more)
Middlebury Police Log: Man faces charges after alleged assault
After responding to a March 17 report of a domestic disturbance on Valley View Drive, Midd … (read more)