Letter to the editor: Democrats really have done things for Vt.
Here are a few important facts about the Biden Administration’s achievements that help Vermonters:
- The government debt fell by $1.4 trillion — the most of any administration.
- Rebuilding the economy with the most jobs.
- Adding a 15% tax on billion-dollar corporations (and negotiating with other countries to do the same. Now corporations will not offshore their profits and jobs).
- Catching up on the very wealthy for not paying their taxes.
- Lowering the cost of medicines and health care premiums: capped drug expenses for seniors at $2,000 per year; capped insulin costs at $35/month; lowered health insurance premiums for Americans using the ACA.
- Chips and Science Act: $30 million funding for global foundries for its production of semi-conductor chips.
- Assistance to colleges for computing technology, medical technology.
- Grants for infrastructure, including but not limited to: electric charging stations, water, quality, solar and wind energy, and broadband expansion for internet in rural areas.
A). $19 million for TSA upgrade at Burlington International Airport and
B). Funding for public transportation to assist with shopping, appointments and medical care.
Sally Jenks Roth, Bristol
Our family said goodbye to two remarkable women this past December: My grandmother and my … (read more)
A bill introduced last week to reform the way Vermont sheriffs operate is a step in the ri … (read more)