Middlebury Police Log: Woman cited for simple assault
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Abby E. Bray, 52, of Middlebury for simple assault, following an alleged incident near the intersection of Cross and Main streets on Oct. 15.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Attempted to locate a houseless person on Main Street for a welfare check on Oct. 10.
• Interviewed a local resident who had been confronted by an aggressive dog in the Gambrel Court area on Oct. 10.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS with a man who had been experiencing chest pains on Main Street on Oct. 10.
• Spoke with four houseless people who had been drinking alcohol on town property on Oct. 10.
• Took a drunken person to detox during the evening of Oct. 11.
• Received a report about a damaged mailbox on Quarry Road on Oct. 11.
• Restored peace at a Court Street home where a drunken man had allegedly been causing problems on Oct. 11.
• Ticketed a woman for illegally dumping trash off Boardman Street on Oct. 11.
• Received a report on Oct. 11 about a potential fraud case involving the sale of puppies by a local person. The case remains under investigation, police said.
• Responded to a noise complaint at a South Pleasant Street apartment on Oct. 11.
• Received a report on Oct. 12 about a man who had fallen asleep on a Court Street resident’s couch and could not be woken up.
• Investigated reports on Oct. 12 of late-night “suspicious activity” occurring behind the Helping Overcome Poverty’s Effects building off Boardman Street.
• Checked the welfare of a Court Street resident on Oct. 12. She was found to be OK.
• Received a report on Oct. 12 about a loud, late-night party at a North Pleasant Street residence.
• Removed used syringes from the bathroom of a Court Street business on Oct. 12.
• Were informed of the theft of a catalytic converter from a vehicle parked off Monroe Street on Oct. 12.
• Served a no-trespass order on Oct. 12 on a person who had allegedly been causing problems at a Court Street Extension business.
• Assisted a local person on Oct. 12 who was allegedly harassed by a former partner.
• Responded, with Middlebury Regional EMS, to a report of someone experiencing a heart attack at a Chipman Heights residence on Oct. 12.
• Conducted a death investigation at a Burnham Drive home on Oct. 12. Police determined that the death of Paul Schroeder, 73, was from natural causes.
• Responded to a reported family fight at an East Main Street home on Oct. 13.
• Arrested Christopher Gallant, 36, of Middlebury on an arrest warrant on behalf of the Bennington Police Department on Oct. 13.
• Checked on the welfare of a man who had been lying on the grass next to South Main Street on Oct. 13.
• Returned, to its home, a dog that had been found off Springside Road on Oct. 13.
• Received a report about a local child refusing to go to school on Oct. 13.
• Assisted state police on an emergency call off Route 7 in New Haven on Oct. 13.
• Confiscated alcohol from two men who had been drinking in the Shaw’s Supermarket parking lot off Washington Street on Oct. 14.
• Assisted Middlebury firefighters at the scene of a fuel spill off Court Street Extension on Oct. 14.
• Served a no-trespass order on a person who wasn’t wanted at the Charter House Emergency Shelter on Oct. 14.
• Served a no-trespass order on a drunken man who wasn’t wanted at a Court Street Extension business on Oct. 14.
• Responded to a report of a loud group of people walking along Washington Street past midnight on Oct. 14. Police said they found no such group.
• Cautioned a large group of college students who were allegedly causing a disturbance while leaving a party at a Weybridge Street address at around 11:15 p.m. on Oct. 15.
• Arrested Kobe B. Loftus, 23, of Middlebury for violating her conditions of release, following an incident in the Weybridge Street area on Oct. 15.
• Checked on the welfare of a houseless person who had been sleeping under a blanket off Academy Street on Oct. 15.
• Investigated a dispute between some Halladay Road neighbors on Oct. 16.
• Assisted Vermont State Police at the scene of a car crash at the intersection of Routes 17 and 125 on Oct. 16.
Two people were sent to the hospital — one by helicopter — after their car went off Route … (read more)
A West Street resident reported to Vergennes police on Jan. 19 that between $75 and $120 w … (read more)
Middlebury police helped Counseling Service of Addison County officials with a client who … (read more)