Vergennes Police Log: Addison man cited for DUI
VERGENNES — City police on Sunday cited an Addison man for driving under the influence of alcohol, an action that followed a complaint from a Main Street resident about an unwanted knock on her door.
Cited was Larry B. Chamberlain, 58. Police allege his blood-alcohol content tested at 0.195% when he was processed at the department’s Main Street station.
Police were called to an apartment building after being told an intoxicated male was sitting in a pickup outside after being refused entry into an apartment. Police allege Chamberlain had driven to the scene before processing him for DUI.
In other action between Sept. 26 and Oct. 2, Vergennes police conducted three patrols by cruiser and three on foot, three traffic stops and two VIN inspections. In other incidents, police reported the following by date:
On Sept. 26:
• Spoke to the owner of a loose dog that had allegedly nipped at the heels of a pedestrian.
On Sept. 27:
• Began investigating an allegation that approximately $1,300 had been embezzled from the Maplefields convenience store on Main Street. Police said they couldn’t provide further details while the case was under investigation.
• Checked the welfare of a possibly suicidal resident of Armory Lane and found the person to be OK.
• Looked for a stolen car Winooski police believed might be in Vergennes, but soon learned it was found in Ticonderoga.
On Sept. 29:
• Made sure a Main Street building was secure after finding it unlocked.
• Found an acquaintance to shepherd home an intoxicated Maplefields patron who had been asked to leave the store.
On Sept. 30:
• Looked into the theft of a purse from a car parked at a Monkton Road home; police said the purse was found hanging from a nearby tree, but it was unclear what, if anything, had been taken from it.
• Dealt with a minor two-vehicle accident at the corner of Green and Victory streets.
On Oct. 2:
• After a neighbor’s complaint, told a Thomas Circle resident to quiet dogs barking in an enclosure.
• Issued a no-trespass order to a motorist who had yelled, cursed and blown a car horn at another Champlain Farms patron who, in the motorist’s opinion, had been too slow to move on from a gas pump.
Two Leicester men shot in targeted attacked; one killed
Shooting near Leicester Four Corners on Sunday night leaves one man dead, another in criti … (read more)
Vermont State Police Log: Driver killed in crash identified
On May 24, after the deadline for the last print edition of the Independent, Vermont State … (read more)
Middlebury Police Log: Man cited for DUI following accident
Middlebury police cited Stephen M. Belanger, 29, of Middlebury for driving under the influ … (read more)