Vergennes Police Log for Sept. 29
VERGENNES — Vergennes police are investigating a $4,878.89 check cashed at a local bank on Sept. 20 that bank officials reported was counterfeit.
Police said a man brought the check to the Community Bank on Monkton Road and that it appeared to be made out to him by a local business. The case remains under investigation.
Between Sept. 19 and 25, Vergennes police also conducted three traffic stops and four patrols by cruiser and three on foot, and also:
On Sept. 19:
• Received a call from Vergennes Union Elementary School that a student was missing. Police learned she had walked home without permission from her family.
• Were told by a parent that her daughter’s Air Pods had been stolen from her backpack at Vergennes Union High School. The case remains under investigation.
• Attempted to serve an abuse-prevention order on a High Street resident.
On Sept. 20:
• Took a report of the theft of merchandise from Kinney Drug Store, an incident that remains under investigation.
• At the request of Vermont State Police checked the welfare of a West Main Street resident and found everything OK.
• Took a report from a High Street resident that a cat had been stolen.
On Sept. 21:
• Concluded that a First Street resident who had died at home had done so of natural causes.
• Responded to a minor two-vehicle accident on Main Street.
• Served a subpoena to a Main Street resident on behalf of the county state’s attorney’s office.
On Sept. 22 checked on a woman reported to be confused and walking around the Champlain Farms parking lot; they found no issues.
On Sept. 23 calmed a family dispute at a Monkton Road residence.
On Sept. 24:
• Responded to a minor two-vehicle accident at the intersection of Canal and Main streets.
• Checked the welfare of a High Street resident and found no problem.
On Sept. 25:
• Responded to a report of a youth speeding on a dirt bike on Panton Road and spoke to both the youth and his father, who they described as unhappy with his son’s behavior.
• Reported to state police that the apparent victim of an Addison domestic dispute had appeared at a city business; troopers interviewed her at the city station.
Vergennes Police Log for May 25
Vergennes police on May 16 arrested a Vergennes resident on behalf of the federal Drug Enf … (read more)
Vermont State Police Log: Waltham woman dies in Route 7 crash in Ferrisburgh
Troopers report that a 2012 Subaru Impreza was traveling southbound on Route 7 near Dakin … (read more)
Middlebury Police Log: Man cited with mulitple assault charges
Middlebury police on Tuesday, May 16, cited a local young adult with multiple assault-rela … (read more)