Middlebury Police Log: Police investigate knocked-over porta pottys
September 8, 2022
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police investigated a report that three portable bathrooms had been knocked over in the Marble Works shopping complex on Aug. 29.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
- Arrested Stephan M. Belanger, 29, of Middlebury for violation of his conditions of release on Court Street on Aug. 29.
- Interviewed a Buttolph Drive resident concerned about drone activity in his neighborhood on Aug. 29.
- Found several solar-powered path lights at the Sheldon Museum had been intentionally knocked over on Aug. 29.
- Spoke on Aug. 31 with a local caller about a possible real estate scam.
- Told a transient person on Aug. 31 that sleeping overnight in the town gazebo isn’t allowed.
- Served a temporary restraining order on a South Pleasant Street man on Aug. 31.
- Received a complaint on Aug. 31 from a local resident who alleged someone had opened an account in his name in another state.
- Were informed on Aug. 31 that someone had vandalized the kiosk at Wright Park.
- Assisted a person on Creek Road who was having a mental health crisis on Aug. 31.
- Spoke with a driver who had found a pet chicken on East Main Street during the evening of Sept. 1. Police said the driver wanted to find the chicken’s owner, and ended up putting flyers up in East Middlebury.
- Investigated a hit-and-run incident involving two vehicles on Lower Plains Road on Sept. 1.
- Responded to a domestic dispute in the parking lot of The Centre shopping plaza on Court Street Extension on Sept. 1.
- Served a no-stalking order on a man in the Cross Street area on Sept. 1.
- Were informed of a theft from a Court Street business on Sept. 1.
- Met with Middlebury College students living in a Court Street home on Sept. 1 to warn them against furnishing alcohol to minors.
- Provided a woman with information about local mental health services on Sept. 2.
- Located drugs in a vehicle involved in a crash on Court Street during the evening of Sept. 2. Police said the case remains under investigation.
- Followed up on a 911 hang-up call made by someone at the Waybury Inn on Sept. 2. Police said the call was made by someone experiencing a medical event, and Middlebury Regional EMS (MREMS) was called to the scene.
- Assisted MREMS with a medical call in East Middlebury on Sept. 2.
- Were informed of a theft from a vehicle parked at The Centre shopping plaza on Sept. 2.
- Checked on a homeless person who had been sleeping on the grass next to Cross Street during the early morning of Sept. 3.
- Assisted MREMS with a medical call on Seminary Street Extension on Sept. 4.
- Assisted Vermont State Police with an incident off Route 7 in Leicester on Sept. 4.
- Received a request on Sept. 4 for extra patrols from an Exchange Street business owner who reported homeless people loitering on their property.
Vermont State Police Log: Driver killed in crash identified
On May 24, after the deadline for the last print edition of the Independent, Vermont State … (read more)
Middlebury Police Log: Man cited for DUI following accident
Middlebury police cited Stephen M. Belanger, 29, of Middlebury for driving under the influ … (read more)
Vergennes Police Log for May 25
Vergennes police on May 16 arrested a Vergennes resident on behalf of the federal Drug Enf … (read more)