Middlebury Police Log: Sudbury man cited for DUI
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Joshua Provoncha, 43, of Sudbury for driving under the influence – test refusal, following a traffic stop on Court Street Extension on April 24. Police said Provoncha declined to submit to a breath test.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
- Provided traffic control on Cobble Road while a fallen tree was removed on April 19.
- Assisted Middlebury firefighters with a tree that had fallen on electrical wires on High Street on April 19.
- Helped a person who had driven off of Case Street on April 19.
- Investigated a report of vandalism to the Sarah Partridge Library in East Middlebury on April 20. Police said someone had etched initials into the stone exterior of the building. Anyone with information on this case should call police at 802-388-3191.
- Helped a local person on April 20 who had sent nude images of themself to another person, who was now using them as blackmail.
- On April 20, investigated a report of an alleged attempted burglary at a Creek Road business.
- Responded, with Middlebury Regional EMS, to collect a drunken man from the South Munger Street area and take him to Porter Hospital on April 20.
- Responded with MREMS to a Case Street home to help a juvenile experiencing a medical emergency on April 21.
- Helped another local person who was being threatened with blackmail over nude images, this time on April 21.
- Responded to a report of a loud party in the downtown area at 9 p.m. on April 22.
- Assisted a bus driver whose vehicle got stuck on a curb on Route 7 South on April 22.
- Assisted MREMS with a man who had fallen in the Jayne Court area on April 22.
- Helped a local parent whose child was having a mental health crisis on April 22.
- Responded to a report of a verbal dispute at a Court Street residence on April 22.
- Provided traffic control on Route 7 South at a water main break during the morning of April 22.
- Helped dislodge an aging dog that had fallen and became stuck behind a piece of furniture at a Cottage Lane home on April 22.
- Mobilized, with other emergency responders, to a report of a CO2 alarm at a Ridgeline Road business in April 23.
- Cited Connor Copley of Burlington for suspicion of driving under the influence following a traffic stop on North Pleasant Street on April 23.
- Assisted a local person with a stalking complaint on April 23.
- Helped a person having car problems on North Pleasant Street on April 23.
- Assisted MREMS with a person having a mental health crisis in the North Pleasant Street area on April 23.
- Responded to a report of a loud party on the roof of a Merchants Row building on April 23.
- Assisted the Middlebury College Department of Public Safety (DPS), which at 11:26 p.m. received a report of an assault.
According to Middlebury police Sgt. Vegar Boe, a student returning from their residence after visiting another student encountered a group of six or seven other students in the area of Hillcrest Road and the college tennis courts. Arguments ensued and the first student was allegedly assaulted by one or more students in the group.
The student was transported by MREMS to Porter Medical Center, where they were treated for minor injuries, according to a campus bulletin issued Sunday by Middlebury College DPS. The incident did not appear to be bias-related or to represent an ongoing threat, DPS officials said.
Middlebury police and campus security continue to investigate.
- Forwarded a potential sexual assault case to the Addison Count Unit for Special Investigations on April 24.
- Responded to an allegation of a naked man attempting to look through a child’s window at a Court Street residence on April 24. Police found no such person.
- Cited Michael Stevens, 38, of Hancock for driving with a criminally suspended license at the intersection of East Main Street and Lower Plains Road on April 24.
- Investigated a report from a person in the Hillcrest Road area about people reportedly yelling in a nearby cemetery on April 24. Police couldn’t find the source of the noise.
- Responded to a noise complaint in the Danyow Drive area on April 25.
Local car thief chased and caught in Stowe
A former Bristol resident is facing multiple charges after allegedly stealing a car in Mid … (read more)
Vergennes Police Log: Police help control 10-year-old at his home
Vergennes police helped calm an out-of-control 10-year-old boy at a city home on March 22, … (read more)
Vermont State Police Log for Mar. 30
A New Haven man died of injuries he sustained in a head-on crash on Route 125 in Ripton th … (read more)