Middlebury Police Log: Eggs, torn papers deface a Midd home
December 30, 2021
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police responded to an unlawful mischief complaint at a Buttolph Drive home on Dec. 22. Police said someone had thrown an egg against a wall and torn some papers inside the residence.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
- Responded to a noise disturbance in the Delancey Lane area on Dec. 20.
- On Dec. 20 referred to the Addison County Unit for Special Investigations a sexual assault case involving an alleged incident in the Main Street area.
- Assisted a confused elderly woman in the Middle Road neighborhood on Dec. 20. Police asked the woman’s family to pick her up.
- Responded to a report of a Boardman Street resident receiving obscene text messages on Dec. 20.
- Received a report of a verbal dispute involving a man and his ex-girlfriend at a Skyline Lane residence on Dec. 21. Police said the woman left the home.
- Received a report about a person experiencing mental health problems in the Willow Drive area on Dec. 21.
- Responded to a report on Dec. 21 of a juvenile receiving threatening messages from another juvenile.
- Helped a resident who locked herself out of her Cross Street apartment on Dec. 22.
- Received a report of a child injuring another child with a snowball at Middlebury Union Middle School on Dec. 22.
- Investigated a report of someone writing threatening graffiti on Middlebury Union High School property on Dec. 22.
- Helped a plumber get into a home where the Lindale Circle resident, experiencing mental health issues, had disabled her furnace and had no heat during the afternoon of Dec. 23.
- Received a report about the alleged harassment of a Middlebury College Public Safety call-taker on Dec. 23.
- Ticketed multiple vehicles in downtown Middlebury that were in violation of the town’s winter parking ban on Dec. 23.
- Responded to a report of loud neighbors at a Court Street apartment building on Dec. 24.
- Responded to a noise complaint at a South Pleasant Street residence on Dec. 24.
- Made 66 traffic stops for various reasons throughout the week, primarily on Route 7 South, Court Street and South Street.
- Received a report about a barking dog in the Washington Street neighbors on Dec. 25.
Vergennes Police Log: Unresponsive driver cited for DUI
Vergennes police on March 16 cited a Middlebury man for driving under the influence of alc … (read more)
Vermont State Police Log: Domestic disturbance ends in citation, jail
This past Sunday evening at around 5:15 p.m., Vermont State Police received the report of … (read more)
Middlebury Police Log: Man faces charges after alleged assault
After responding to a March 17 report of a domestic disturbance on Valley View Drive, Midd … (read more)