Vergennes Police Log: Man cited for sexual assault
VERGENNES — Vergennes police on Dec. 13 cited a Northlands Job Corps student for a sexual assault on another Northlands student.
Police allege that Josh Aguirre, 18, of Newark, N.J., had forced sexual contact with the other student.
In other action between Dec. 6 and 19, Vergennes police conducted seven patrols by cruiser and one on foot, responded to one inadvertent 911 call and one false alarm, conducted two VIN inspections, ticketed and ordered towed two cars left out overnight on city streets in violation of the Vergennes wintertime parking ban, and:
On Dec. 7 fielded a call from a man inquiring if his firearm had been turned into the department; police told him it had not.
On Dec. 8 directed traffic around a disabled truck on Main Street.
On Dec. 9 helped a Walker Avenue resident with a heater that was beeping to alert it was not working properly.
On Dec. 10:
- On behalf of Bennington police cited Gabriel Coope, 19, of Vergennes for disseminating explicit materials to a minor.
- Heard from a motorist that he and three other drivers had struck a deer on Route 7 in Ferrisburgh.
On Dec. 12:
- Helped Vermont State Police by responding to a rollover accident on Hawkins Road in Ferrisburgh.
- On that day and Dec. 13 three times took false reports from a local resident experiencing symptoms of dementia, that items were being stolen from her yard, that boards were being taken from her deck, and that a church maintenance worker was engaging in intercourse with multiple women in her yard.
On Dec. 13:
- Calmed a dispute between a resident and a construction worker about a truck blocking a church driveway.
- Helped a Charlotte resident retrieve documents from a South Water Street residence.
- Checked on the welfare of the teen daughter of an out-of-state caller; police found no issues.
- Following a 911 hang-up call from the Valley Vista facility helped the Vergennes Area Rescue Squad calm a resident.
On Dec. 15:
- Responded to a one-car accident on Main Street in which a car owner had been struck and knocked over by her car’s open door when it started rolling out of a parking place. Police said she was taken to UVM Medical Center, and the car eventually rolled across the street before coming to rest.
- Checked a report of a woman seen on a security camera poking around a Main Street apartment building, but found no one.
On Dec. 16:
- Took a report that on Dec. 15 a car turning off Main Street onto Green Street had struck a pedestrian, causing minor injuries. Police are still looking into the circumstances.
- Checked on the welfare of two Walker Avenue residents and determined they were OK.
On Dec. 18:
- Could not find someone reported to be lurking around the Valley Vista facility.
- Took a report that $40-50 had been taken from an unlocked parked car on Victory Street.
On Dec. 19 responded to a report of a car alarm sounding on and off for an hour at 50 Armory Lane. Police said its owner was dealing with the problem when they arrived.
Vergennes Police Log: Unresponsive driver cited for DUI
Vergennes police on March 16 cited a Middlebury man for driving under the influence of alc … (read more)
Vermont State Police Log: Domestic disturbance ends in citation, jail
This past Sunday evening at around 5:15 p.m., Vermont State Police received the report of … (read more)
Middlebury Police Log: Man faces charges after alleged assault
After responding to a March 17 report of a domestic disturbance on Valley View Drive, Midd … (read more)