Middlebury Police Log: Police investigate an alleged assault
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police investigated a report of an alleged assault occurring in the Birchard Park neighborhood on Dec. 18. Police said a man reported he was struck by an unknown man outside of his home, and sustained a hand injury as a result of the incident.
The case remains under investigation.
Meanwhile, Middlebury police last week ticketed vehicles that were in violation of the town’s winter parking ban on Merchants Row and Main Street on Dec. 14, on Main Street on Dec. 18, and throughout downtown during the early morning of Dec. 19. Police said two vehicles had to be towed that morning to allow for snow removal.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
- Assisted Vermont State Police on Dec. 13 with the evaluation of a driver who had been stopped on Route 30 for suspected driving under the influence of drugs.
- Responded to a theft complaint at a North Pleasant Street residence on Dec. 13. Police said the case remains under investigation.
- Received a report about a woman allegedly harassing another woman in the Boardman Street area on Dec. 14.
- Checked the welfare of a woman at a South Pleasant Street residence on Dec. 14. Police said the woman was OK.
- Responded to the Jayne Court neighborhood on Dec. 14 to a report of a woman experiencing mental health and substance abuse problems.
- Helped unite a loose dog with its owner in the Court Street neighborhood on Dec. 14.
- Assisted Mary Hogan Elementary School with a truancy case on Dec. 15.
- Assisted Middlebury Union High School with a truancy case on Dec. 15.
- Received a report of a man allegedly stealing a bottle of juice from the Champlain Farms store on Court Street on Dec. 17. Police have been asked to serve a no-trespass order on the man.
- Investigated a report of men arguing at a Washington Street business on Dec. 17.
- Assisted the Vermont Department for Children & Families with an incident involving a local juvenile at the South Village Green apartment complex on Dec. 17.
- Removed a downed communications line from East Main Street on Dec. 17.
- Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS with a medical call in the Court Street area on Dec. 18.
- Served a no-trespass order on Dec. 18 on a person not wanted at a Jayne Court residence.
Vergennes Police Log: Unresponsive driver cited for DUI
Vergennes police on March 16 cited a Middlebury man for driving under the influence of alc … (read more)
Vermont State Police Log: Domestic disturbance ends in citation, jail
This past Sunday evening at around 5:15 p.m., Vermont State Police received the report of … (read more)
Middlebury Police Log: Man faces charges after alleged assault
After responding to a March 17 report of a domestic disturbance on Valley View Drive, Midd … (read more)