Middlebury Police Log for Nov. 11
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police responded to an untimely death at a Court Street residence on Nov. 5. Police said Leroy Green, 54, was determined to have died from a medical condition.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
- Helped a “heavily intoxicated man” off Mary Hogan Drive receive medical attention on Nov. 1.
- Received a fraud complaint involving an Exchange Street business on Nov. 1. Police said the case is under investigation.
- Were informed of the theft of a jacket from an Adirondack View home on Nov. 1.
- Investigated an illegal dumping complaint at Mary Hogan Elementary School on Nov. 1.
- Responded to a report of an unresponsive woman in a Court Street apartment on Nov. 2. Police determined the woman was highly intoxicated, and Middlebury Regional Emergency Medical Services (MREMS) took her to Porter Hospital.
- Assisted Middlebury Union Middle School officials with an unruly student on Nov. 2.
- Assisted Middlebury College officials with a suspicious person on campus on Nov. 2
- Received reports of fireworks being used on Middlebury College campus on Nov. 3. Police informed Middlebury College Public Safety about the incident.
- Responded with MREMS to a reported overdose case at a North Pleasant Street home on Nov. 3. Police said the man in question refused treatment.
- Investigated a report on Nov. 3 of a man allegedly posing as a town of Middlebury employee in order to “pick up a tool” from an Exchange Street business. Police said the man left prior to their arrival.
- Assisted a landlord with a complaint about damage to a Court Street property on Nov. 3.
- Responded to a report of a deceased deer at the intersection of Quarry Road and Rolling Acres on Nov. 3.
- Euthanized a deer that was injured by a vehicle on Route 125 West on Nov. 4.
- Assisted a Court Street merchant with a man who was acting disoriented on Nov. 4.
- Received a report about an alleged theft from a Court Street store on Nov. 4.
- Assisted MUMS with a juvenile problem on Nov. 4.
- Assisted the Counseling Service of Addison County with service of an emergency order to have a person examined at Porter Hospital on Nov. 5.
- Responded to a theft complaint at a Court Street business on Nov. 5. The case remains under investigation.
- Investigated an alleged check fraud case at a Sugarwood Court home on Nov. 5.
- Assisted a College Street merchant who was concerned about the behavior of a customer on Nov. 5.
- Served a no-trespass order on Nov. 6 on a person who isn’t wanted at an East Main Street business.
- Investigated reports of a loud party in the Weybridge Street area on Nov. 6.
- Responded to a speeding complaint on Schoolhouse Hill Road on Nov. 6.
- Responded to a car-deer collision on Seminary Street Extension on Nov. 7. Police said the deer was gone upon their arrival.
- Contacted MREMS to collect a disoriented woman, attired in pajamas and one slipper, who had been found walking down Washington Street Extension during the afternoon of Nov. 7.
Vergennes police are advising local businesses to be on the lookout for counterfeit curren … (read more)
After police investigated a domestic disturbance at an East Main Street residence on Nov. … (read more)