Vergennes Police Log for Oct. 28
VERGENNES — On Sunday, Oct. 24, police and the Vergennes Area Rescue Squad responded to a downtown accident in which a vehicle struck a pedestrian, who was then hospitalized. Police described the unidentified victim as in serious condition at the UVM Medical Center as of Tuesday afternoon.
Police said the driver was turning left from North Green Street onto Main Street to head east when he struck the pedestrian. They said no charges have been filed, but they’re still looking into the circumstances of the accident.
In other action between Oct. 18 and 24, Vergennes police conducted nine patrols by cruiser and three on foot, helped two motorists get into locked cars, ticketed one commercial truck for speeding, and also:
On Oct. 18:
- Helped Boston Transit Authority Police conduct a background check.
- Took a report for insurance purposes that a vehicle parked on Main Street had been damaged while parked.
- Directed traffic around a disabled vehicle at the intersection of Main Street and Macdonough Drive.
- Spoke to a man police said had a learning disability who had knocked on a Country Commons door with the mistaken belief he was welcome at the residence; police said the man agreed not to return.
- On Oct. 19, expunged records per court order.
- On Oct. 20, dealt with an allegation that a Hillside Drive resident’s neighbor had taken keys that he had dropped; police said it was unfounded.
On Oct. 21:
- Accepted a wallet found by a resident, but have been unable to reach its out-of-state owner.
- Helped VARS lift a patient on a West Main Street call.
On Oct. 22:
- Dealt with an allegation that one neighbor was harassing another on New Haven Road.
- Checked the welfare of a Walker Avenue resident, found to be OK.
- Helped a resident renew a driver’s license online.
- On Oct. 23 spoke to a resident who said an unknown person had been leaving stuffed animals on her doorstep in recent weeks. Police said they would monitor the stalking situation.
VERMONT — Vermont State Police responded to reports of cars parked on Lake Dunmore Road ne … (read more)
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Jessica L. Devoid, 41, for providing false informatio … (read more)
VERGENNES — Vergennes police on May 14 responded to Valley Vista facility in Alden Place t … (read more)