Vergennes Police Log for Oct. 28
VERGENNES — On Sunday, Oct. 24, police and the Vergennes Area Rescue Squad responded to a downtown accident in which a vehicle struck a pedestrian, who was then hospitalized. Police described the unidentified victim as in serious condition at the UVM Medical Center as of Tuesday afternoon.
Police said the driver was turning left from North Green Street onto Main Street to head east when he struck the pedestrian. They said no charges have been filed, but they’re still looking into the circumstances of the accident.
In other action between Oct. 18 and 24, Vergennes police conducted nine patrols by cruiser and three on foot, helped two motorists get into locked cars, ticketed one commercial truck for speeding, and also:
On Oct. 18:
- Helped Boston Transit Authority Police conduct a background check.
- Took a report for insurance purposes that a vehicle parked on Main Street had been damaged while parked.
- Directed traffic around a disabled vehicle at the intersection of Main Street and Macdonough Drive.
- Spoke to a man police said had a learning disability who had knocked on a Country Commons door with the mistaken belief he was welcome at the residence; police said the man agreed not to return.
- On Oct. 19, expunged records per court order.
- On Oct. 20, dealt with an allegation that a Hillside Drive resident’s neighbor had taken keys that he had dropped; police said it was unfounded.
On Oct. 21:
- Accepted a wallet found by a resident, but have been unable to reach its out-of-state owner.
- Helped VARS lift a patient on a West Main Street call.
On Oct. 22:
- Dealt with an allegation that one neighbor was harassing another on New Haven Road.
- Checked the welfare of a Walker Avenue resident, found to be OK.
- Helped a resident renew a driver’s license online.
- On Oct. 23 spoke to a resident who said an unknown person had been leaving stuffed animals on her doorstep in recent weeks. Police said they would monitor the stalking situation.
Vergennes Police Log for Mar. 16
Private security cameras recently caught two citizens misbehaving in Vergennes, and in one … (read more)
Vermont State Police Log: Stolen ATV found; wanted man arrested
On this past Friday, March 10, at around 1 p.m., Vermont State Police went to a home on La … (read more)
Middlebury Police Log: Middlebury man arrested on multiple warrants
Middlebury police arrested Thomas E. Hynes, 37, of Middlebury on multiple in-state arrest … (read more)