Vergennes Police Log for Oct. 21
VERGENNES — Vergennes police received an Oct. 11 theft complaint from a Battery Hill resident alleging someone entered a home and made off with $400 from a child’s piggy bank, an amount of marijuana, and prescription drugs, including some of a narcotic nature.
Police noted there were no signs of forced entry, and said the incident remains under investigation.
In other actions between Oct. 11 and 17, Vergennes police conducted eight patrols by cruiser and three on foot, responded to one false alarm, and helped three motorists get into their locked vehicles.
They also twice helped Vermont State Police by responding to a Basin Harbor Road residence to unfounded reports of break-ins, in one case by “little people.” Police said mental health issues were involved.
In that week, city police also:
On Oct. 11 took a report from a teen of a threatening phone call from an untraceable number. Police advised the teen to stay off social media for a period because the caller knew about the teen’s activities.
On Oct. 13:
• Found a Main Street business unlocked after hours and called a stakeholder.
• Helped convince a reluctant 11-year-old to attend Vergennes Union Elementary School.
• On behalf of the Department for Children and Families went to check the welfare of a resident of the 45 Monkton Road complex, but found no one home.
• Checked out someone allegedly acting suspiciously outside a local business and found someone waiting at a bus stop.
On Oct. 15:
• Helped the Vergennes Area Rescue Squad at a School Street medical call.
• Checked a Monkton Road residence after a 911 call reported slurred speech, but found no one home.
• Went to Kinney Drug Store to begin investigating the theft of a bottle of ear oil worth about $8.
Vergennes Police Log: Unresponsive driver cited for DUI
Vergennes police on March 16 cited a Middlebury man for driving under the influence of alc … (read more)
Vermont State Police Log: Domestic disturbance ends in citation, jail
This past Sunday evening at around 5:15 p.m., Vermont State Police received the report of … (read more)
Middlebury Police Log: Man faces charges after alleged assault
After responding to a March 17 report of a domestic disturbance on Valley View Drive, Midd … (read more)