Middlebury Police Log: Crash ends with citations and injury
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police assisted the Addison County Sheriff’s Department (ACSD) at the scene of a reported car crash on River Road in New Haven on Sept. 19. Police said the driver in question had allegedly tried to evade an ACSD deputy following an attempted traffic stop for erratic driving.
Police said the vehicle ultimately stopped and the ACSD deputy cited its driver — 24-year-old Dean Bushee Jr. —for driving under the influence, with injury resulting. Police said Bristol Rescue Squad personnel got medical help for an injured woman passenger who was in the suspect’s car at the time of the accident.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Helped VSP at the scene of a car crash at the intersection of Route 74 and North Bingham Street on Sept. 12.
• Responded to a noise complaint in the South Main Street neighborhood on Sept. 12.
• Helped VSP on Sept. 12 with the screening of a driver for potential drunken driving at the intersection of Route 74 and Doolittle Road in Shoreham.
• Assisted a local man involved in a civil dispute with an ex-girlfriend on Sept. 13.
• Assisted a man with an illegal dumping complaint in the East Road area on Sept. 13.
• Removed a mattress that someone had left, or dropped, on Route 7 on Sept. 13.
• Received a report that someone had used paint stripper to vandalize a local woman’s car while it was parked off Weybridge Street on Sept. 14.
• Responded to a report of a group of drunken men allegedly harassing a road crew at the intersection of Mary Hogan Drive and Court Street on Sept. 14.
• Responded on Sept. 14 to a minor two-car collision on Court Street.
• Calmed a dispute between Water Street neighbors on Sept. 15.
• Helped Middlebury Union Middle School officials find a student who had left campus on Sept. 15.
• Helped the Middlebury Fire Department with a fuel spill on Court Street on Sept. 15.
• Assisted a motorist whose vehicle had broken down on Main Street on Sept. 16. With help, the officer was able to push the disabled vehicle off the roadway to restore traffic flow.
• Investigated a report of a suspicious man carrying a firearm through a Court Street Extension parking lot on Sept. 16. Police found no one upon their arrival.
• Responded to a report on Sept. 16 of a verbal altercation between multiple customers at a Court Street business.
• Received a report about a drunken man allegedly refusing to leave a Court Street apartment on Sept. 16.
• Were informed of an alleged theft from Hannaford Supermarket on Sept. 16.
• Helped get assistance for a homeless man who had refused to exit an Addison County Transit Resources bus at the Academy Street stop on Sept. 17. Police said the man had missed a connecting bus to Burlington. Police and ACTR helped coordinate a hotel room and dinner for him.
• Responded to a report of a gas drive-off from an Exchange Street filling station on Sept. 17.
• Searched in vain for a man allegedly seen trying to damage private property in the Benedict Lane area on Sept. 18.
• Warned a Middlebury College student about carrying an open container of alcohol on town property on Sept. 18.
• Quieted a person making noise in the Cross Street neighborhood on Sept. 18.
• Investigated a reported burglary at a Valley View Road home on Sept. 18.
• Served no-trespass orders on two people on Sept. 18 who weren’t wanted on Middlebury College campus.
• Helped a wheelchair-bound man who needed help getting on an ACTR bus on Main Street on Sept. 18.
• Investigated a two-vehicle accident on North Pleasant Street on Sept. 18.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS with a drunken college student on College Street on Sept. 18.
• Assisted MREMS on a rescue call to a Buttolph Drive home on Sept. 19.
• Helped Vermont State Police with a drunken man on Lake Dunmore Road in Salisbury on Sept. 19.
Vergennes Police Log for May 25
Vergennes police on May 16 arrested a Vergennes resident on behalf of the federal Drug Enf … (read more)
Vermont State Police Log: Waltham woman dies in Route 7 crash in Ferrisburgh
Troopers report that a 2012 Subaru Impreza was traveling southbound on Route 7 near Dakin … (read more)
Middlebury Police Log: Man cited with mulitple assault charges
Middlebury police on Tuesday, May 16, cited a local young adult with multiple assault-rela … (read more)