Middlebury Police Log: Middlebury man cited for violations
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Travis Huestis, 31, of Middlebury for two counts of violation of an abuse prevention order, following an alleged incident in the Woodbridge Lane area on Sept. 6.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Referred on Sept. 6 an allegation of sexual offenses in the Court Street area to the Addison County Unit for Special Investigations.
• Investigated an alleged road rage incident at the intersection of Court and Washington streets on Sept. 6.
• Warned two men who had been riding their skateboards the wrong way at night on College Street on Sept. 7.
• Assisted a driver with a flat tire on Route 7 South on Sept. 7.
• Investigated what authorities described as a “juvenile problem” on a school bus on Three Mile Bridge Road on Sept. 7.
• On Sept. 7 referred to the Addison County Unit for Special Investigations a report of sexual offenses that had allegedly occurred in the North Street area.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional Emergency Medical Services (MREMS) with a medical call in the Buttolph Drive area on Sept. 7.
• Served a temporary restraining order on a local person on Sept. 8.
• Responded with Middlebury firefighters to a report of smoke coming from a Springside Road residence on Sept. 9.
• Received a complaint on Sept. 9 about drivers speeding on Ossie Road during the morning and afternoon commute hours.
• Served a temporary restraining order on a local person on Sept. 9.
• Assisted Middlebury Union Middle School staff with an out-of-control student on Sept. 10.
• Investigated a report of a person driving erratically on Route 7 South on Sept. 11.
• Responded to a report of an out-of-control patient at Counseling Service of Addison County housing off North Pleasant Street on Sept. 11. Police said MREMS took the person to Porter Hospital for evaluation.
• Assisted Vermont State Police at the scene of a car crash at the intersection of Route 74 and North Bingham Street in Cornwall on Sept. 12.
• Responded to a noise complaint in the South Main Street area on Sept. 12.
• Assisted state police with a traffic stop on Sept. 12 on Rt. 74 in Shoreham that resulted in a driver being cited for drunken driving.
Police have not yet determined whether they will charge a youth in the killing of a Waltha … (read more)
A Vergennes police officer was the first law enforcement official to respond to a home on … (read more)
Vermont State Police operating out of the New Haven barracks dealt with two violent incide … (read more)