Middlebury Police Log: Light towers missing from tunnel project
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police on Aug. 17 were informed of the theft of two light towers, valued at $8,750 each, from a downtown tunnel project staging area off South Main Street. Police said the towers are large generators mounted on single-axle trailers, with light arrays.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Middlebury police at 388-3191.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Served a temporary restraining order on a person in the Rockwood Lane area on Aug. 16.
• Assisted Bristol police in finding a person who was acting suicidal in the Creek Road area on Aug. 16. Police said the person was taken to Porter Hospital to meet with Counseling Service of Addison County staff.
• Helped Middlebury Regional Emergency Medical Services (MREMS) with a drunken woman at the Charter House shelter on North Pleasant Street on Aug. 17.
• Responded to Addison Family Medicine on Aug. 19 on a report of an “irate patient” who had shown up for an appointment. Police said the woman left the office when they asked her to do so.
• Received a report about a minor who had tried to buy alcohol at Hannaford supermarket on Aug. 19 using a fake ID.
• Responded to the Residence at Otter Creek on Aug. 19 on a report of an “out of control” resident. Police said the man had “significantly altered mental status” and had destroyed his room. Police said MREMS took the man to Porter Hospital for evaluation.
• Cited Brianna J. Vanguilder, 25, for driving with a criminally suspended license, following an investigation in the Middlebury Union High School parking lot on Aug. 19.
• Were notified of littering at the Abbey Pond Road trailhead on Aug. 19.
• Assisted a woman in distress in the Case Street area on Aug. 20.
• Called MREMS to care for a man walking along Munson Road dressed only in sweatpants on Aug. 20. Police said the man appeared to need medical assistance.
• Served a no-trespass order on Aug. 20 on a man who wasn’t wanted at a Court Street business.
• Assisted MREMS officials with an injured woman off North Pleasant Street on Aug. 21.
• Assisted a John Graham Court resident with an unwanted guest on Aug. 21.
• Responded to a hit-and-run accident involving two vehicles at the Hannaford supermarket off Court Street Extension on Aug. 21. Police said one of the vehicles fled the scene after the crash. Police said the case remains under investigation.
• Assisted two people having a property dispute in the John Graham Court development on Aug. 21.
• Assisted a South Pleasant Street resident whose ex-boyfriend was not wanted at her home on Aug. 21.
• Corralled a loose cow on Route 7 North on Aug. 21 and returned it to its pasture.
• Assisted MREMS with a drunken woman in the Jayne Court area on Aug. 22.
• Received a report that someone had rifled through four cars parked off Route 7 North on Aug. 22. Police said various items were stolen from the vehicles.
• Were informed of the theft of unspecified items from an unlocked vehicle parked in town on Aug. 23.
Vergennes Police Log for May 25
Vergennes police on May 16 arrested a Vergennes resident on behalf of the federal Drug Enf … (read more)
Vermont State Police Log: Waltham woman dies in Route 7 crash in Ferrisburgh
Troopers report that a 2012 Subaru Impreza was traveling southbound on Route 7 near Dakin … (read more)
Middlebury Police Log: Man cited with mulitple assault charges
Middlebury police on Tuesday, May 16, cited a local young adult with multiple assault-rela … (read more)