Middlebury Police Log: Man cited for DUI
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Harry Mayer, 24, of Bethlehem, Conn., for driving under the influence following a traffic stop on Route 7 South on July 10.
Police said they measured Mayer’s blood-alcohol content at 0.153%, which is nearly twice the legal limit of 0.08%.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Responded to a report of a man believed to have overdosed at a Court Street business on July 5.
• Received a report about a vehicle stolen from the Foote Street area on July 5.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS in caring for a suspected overdose patient in the North Pleasant Street area on July 6.
• Responded with MREMS to a report of an injured person lying on the ground at the Jayne Court housing complex on July 7. Police said they found no injured person at the location.
• Were informed of the theft of a bike from the Old Chapel Road area on July 7.
• Investigated a report about an allegedly drunken man on Main Street on July 7.
• Served a temporary restraining order on a person in the Washington Street area on July 7.
• Received a complaint about a noisy waste disposal truck in the Meadow Glen Drive area at around 6 a.m. on July 7.
• Responded with Middlebury fire officials to a reported electrical fire at a Danyow Drive home on July 7.
• Responded to a noise complaint at a Court Street residence on July 8.
• Investigated allegations of underage drinking in the Court Street Extension area on July 8.
• Took to Porter Hospital a mental health patient who had been acting aggressively at a local Counseling Service of Addison County facility on July 8.
• Investigated a report of a man allegedly violating a temporary restraining order that had been filed against him by a local woman on July 8.
• Helped Vermont State Police evaluate a potentially drugged driver on July 8.
• Helped a South Street parent find a child who had left the home without permission on July 9.
• Calmed a mental health patient who has been acting aggressively toward a caregiver in the Route 7 South area on July 9.
• Heard from a local woman on July 10 who alleged her ex-boyfriend had been sending explicit photos of her to other people without her permission.
• Located a mental health patient who had left Porter Hospital without permission on July 10. Police said they were able to convince the patient to return to the hospital.
• Responded to a report on July 11 of a drunken man walking in the road on Route 125 West.
• Got help for a Benedict Lane woman who had been experiencing a medical emergency in her home on July 11. Police said a neighbor had requested the welfare check because the woman hadn’t been seen and hadn’t been answering knocks at her door.
Bristol police on Feb. 8 arrested Brian Dodds, 37, of Bristol on an outstanding warrant an … (read more)
Vergennes police dealt with a variety of cases in a busy week between Feb. 12 and 18, incl … (read more)
Middlebury police cited Richard J. Murray, 57, of Middlebury for driving under the influen … (read more)