Middlebury Police Log: Man cited after Creek Road crash
MIDDLEBURY — On June 16 Middlebury police were called at 4:20 p.m. to a crash off Creek Road.
After investigating the incident, officers cited Eric Decelle, 28, of Westford for being a felon in possession of a firearm and also being in possession of a controlled substance, which police suspected was heroin.
In other recent activity Middlebury police:
• On June 14 at 11:06 a.m. received a report that the neighbor of the Court Street caller had spit at her car; the officer suggested she contact the landlord.
• On June 14 at 1:21 p.m. received a request for welfare check on a child that might be in Middlebury or Addison County somewhere.
• On June 14 at 6:51 p.m. helped convinced a male at a Court Street residence to leave the property.
• On June 15 at 05:45 a.m. served a no-stalking order to someone in the Court Street neighborhood.
• On June 15 at 09:59 a.m. referred to the Addison County Unit for Special Investigation a report of sexual offenses on Monkton Road.
• On June 15 at 12:03 p.m. calmed a dispute between Jackson Lane neighbors over loaned property.
• On June 15 at 12:45 p.m. referred to the Addison County Unit for Special Investigation a report of sexual offences on East Street.
• On June 15 at 6:05 p.m. responded to a burglary alarm at a bank, and found the alarm was caused by a power outage.
• On June 16 at midnight investigated a suspicious vehicle at Middlebury Union High School during the overnight hours.
• On June 16 at 5:10 a.m. responded to Court Street for the report of a suicidal male.
• On June 16 at 12:13 p.m. received a report that a white Trans Am with no plates was driving erratically on Court Street Extension and Rogers Road but couldn’t find it.
• On June 16 at 12:25 p.m. served a relief from abuse order in the Delancy Lane neighborhood.
• On June 16 at 12:44 p.m. logged a report of a male urinating on a Court Street building, but found no signs of anyone urinating.
• On June 16 at 1:59 p.m. served a final relief from abuse order upon person in the East View Terrace neighborhood.
• On June 16 at 2:23 p.m. checked on three juveniles that had been swearing at a UPS driver and rode a bike at him.
• On June 17 at 12:06 p.m. picked up bag of hypodermic needles near Court Street Extension and determined they were diabetic supplies.
• On June 17 at 12:34 p.m. took money found a week earlier in the park where the former municipal building was located.
• On June 17 at 1:10 p.m. responded to a minor crash on Middle Road at Court Street Extension but the drivers left before police arrived.
• On June 17 at 3:56 p.m. logged a 911 call from the Burnham Drive area about a male driving around with no pants on. Police said it was related to a mental health incident.
• On June 17 at 5:08 p.m. notified the dog warden about a loose dog in the Rogers Road neighborhood.
• On June 17 at 5:38 p.m. responded to a two-vehicle crash with no injuries on Route 7 South.
• On June 17 at 6:38 p.m. spoke with a driver about a motor vehicle complaint in the Halladay Road /Route 7 South area.
• On June 17 at 7:40 p.m. responded to a motor vehicle complaint near Burnham Drive, and spoke to the operator about his driving.
• On June 17 at 9:59 p.m. checked the welfare of a male in the Munson Road/School House Hill Road who was reported to be possibly experiencing a mental health crisis; officers provided him a ride to the hospital to speak with someone.
• On June 17 at 11:45 p.m. responded to Porter Hospital for a report that a mental health patient had left the hospital. Officers located the patient and returned them to the hospital.
• On June 18 at 09:44 a.m. responded to a minor two-car crash on Lower Foote Street; no injuries were reported.
• On June 18 at 1:29 p.m. looked into a report that someone tampered with a commercial vehicle parked overnight off School House Hill Road.
• On June 18 at 1:44 p.m. responded to a report of two people who appeared to be fighting inside a parked car off Porter Drive, and determined the female was in a heated discussion on a speaker phone.
• On June 18 at 1:52 p.m. located a male patient who had left Porter Hospital in violation of an emergency order and took him back the hospital.
• On June 18 at 5:53 p.m. responded to a report of a dirt bike being driven on Seymour Street Extension and the driver stopped when police arrived.
• On June 18 at 10:32 p.m. responded to a noise complaint on Cross Street and asked the people to keep the noise to a minimum.
• On June 19 at 01:27 a.m. assist Middlebury Regional EMS (MREMS) at a medical call on Shard Villa Road.
• On June 19 at 08:25 a.m. assisted Rutland County Sheriff’s deputies with a male attempting to leave Porter Hospital.
• On June 19 at 09:26 a.m. served a no trespass notice on a person on Court Street.
• On June 19 at 10:22 a.m. assisted MREMS with a Cottage Lane medical call.
• On June 19 at 11:35 a.m. made a Court Street Extension business aware of a complaint about trash behind their building.
• On June 19 at 12:01 p.m. notified the dog warden of a missing dog.
• On June 19 at 12:55 p.m. looked into a report of a suspicious male at a Route 7 South business; the man agreed to leave the property.
• On June 19 at 7:05 p.m. got a report of a small black dog loose and running into traffic on Route 7 South. The dog warden picked it up.
• On June 19 at 7:42 p.m. began investigating a report that someone had either crashed into or vandalized a vehicle on Valley View Drive.
• On June 20 at 12:23 p.m. investigated a report of a threat made towards a family member eating at the restaurant on Route 7 South.
• On June 20 at 5:02 p.m. served a relief from abuse order upon a person in the Court Street Extension neighborhood.
• On June 20 at 5:09 p.m. logged a request to check the welfare of a male at the end of the driveway of a South Main Street address.
• On June 20 at 7:20 p.m. checked the welfare of an elderly woman on Washington Street.
• On June 20 at 5:31 and again at 7:45 p.m. responded to an alarm on Washington Street Extension and found the building secure.
• On June 20 at 9:30 p.m. assisted MREMS at a welfare check on Seymour Street Extension.
Vergennes Police Log for May 25
Vergennes police on May 16 arrested a Vergennes resident on behalf of the federal Drug Enf … (read more)
Vermont State Police Log: Waltham woman dies in Route 7 crash in Ferrisburgh
Troopers report that a 2012 Subaru Impreza was traveling southbound on Route 7 near Dakin … (read more)
Middlebury Police Log: Man cited with mulitple assault charges
Middlebury police on Tuesday, May 16, cited a local young adult with multiple assault-rela … (read more)