Middlebury Police Log: S. Royalton man gets DUI
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Joshua Demar, 35, of South Royalton for driving under the influence of drugs, following investigation of a motor vehicle complaint off Route 7 South on June 5.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Helped a couple jump-start their car on May 31.
• Received a report of a small bag of suspected drugs found in the laundry room of a Court Street apartment on May 31.
• Received a found wallet and returned it to its owner on June 1.
• Checked on the welfare of a Court Street resident on June 1.
• Investigated a “scuffle” between three people in a parking lot off Court Square on June 1. Police said the case will be reviewed by the Addison County State’s Attorney’s office
• Responded to a family dispute off Halpin Road on June 2.
• Served a temporary restraining order on a man in the Main Street area on June 2.
• Served a no-trespass order on a local person on June 2.
• Checked on the welfare of a Washington Street Extension resident on June 2.
• Responded to Middlebury Union High School on June 3 on a report of a student acting “aggressively” on campus. Police said the youth left school grounds with a responsible adult.
• Checked on the welfare of a man who had been threatening self-harm in the South Pleasant Street area on June 3.
• Received a report on June 3 about a dispute between two Court Street neighbors, during which one person allegedly threw a beverage at the other.
• Investigated a disorderly conduct complaint off Court Street Extension on June 3.
• Cited Ryan Prim, 36, of Middlebury for violating the conditions of his release, following their investigation of a report of “loud and rowdy” people in a parking lot off Court Street on June 4.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS with a reported overdose case off North Pleasant Street on June 4.
• Investigated a reported prank call made to the Courtyard by Marriott on June 5.
• Cited Gregory Laliberte, 39, of Middlebury for driving with a criminally suspended license, following a traffic stop at the intersection of Court Street and Creek Road on June 5.
• Received, from a local citizen, a lost driver’s license that she had found on June 5. Police left a message for the owner.
• On June 5 heard from an East Main Street resident who said there was a dead deer in his driveway. Police determined someone had shot the deer, and they notified local game wardens about the offense.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS with a medical call off Buttolph Drive on June 5.
• Responded to a report of two men refusing to leave the courtyard area of the Charter House Coalition’s warming shelter on North Pleasant Street on June 6.
• Responded to a report of an upset tenant of a North Street apartment on June 6.
• Received a report on June 6 about a kayaker who had allegedly not surfaced after going under near the base of the Otter Creek Falls in downtown Middlebury on June 6. Police said they found the kayaker in good shape.
• Responded to a noise complaint in the Court Street area on June 6.
Vergennes police on Sept. 19 cited a man with a Ferrisburgh address for domestic assault a … (read more)
Vermont State Police arrested a Bridport man and cited him for harming a housemate, and th … (read more)
Middlebury police last week spent a lot of time responding to complaints about a small com … (read more)