Vergennes Police Log: Police busy with citations
VERGENNES — During the week of Jan. 18-24, Vergennes Police issued a criminal citation to a driver for driving a vehicle with a suspended license; sent the department Drug Recognition Expert to Middlebury, resulting in another citation; investigated unauthorized credit card use; and handled car accidents, a loose dog, welfare checks, and a domestic dispute.
During those seven days, Vergennes police also performed 15 patrols and one foot patrol, ticketed two cars for violating the city’s wintertime parking ban, and:
On Jan. 18:
• Helped Vermont State Police (VSP) by responding to a one-car accident on Route 22A in Panton.
• Began to investigate a King Street resident’s report of an unauthorized transaction on a credit card.
On Jan. 19 helped VSP with a man causing a disturbance at the Ferrisburgh Post Office.
On Jan. 20 aided VSP by responding to a one-car accident on Route 22A in Panton.
On Jan. 21:
• Responded to a report of someone throwing snowballs at a window of an East Street residence; police could find no sign of the incident having occurred.
• Sent a department Drug Recognition officer to Main Street in Middlebury to evaluate a suspected impaired operator; Middlebury police reported the driver was cited.
• Checked on a Green Street resident after being told a family member had not heard from her and was worried. Police contacted the resident and said she was OK.
On Jan. 22:
• Cited Ray A. Barrows Jr., 46, of Vergennes for operating a motor vehicle on Third Street while his license was criminally suspended.
• Responded to Booth Woods on a report of a dog off its leash in the area. Police said the dog had previously bitten the complainant, and they planned to speak to the owner of the dog.
• Responded to a 911 hang-up call from a Walker Avenue residence and assisted local emergency personnel with an intoxicated woman. Police said a friend offered to stay with the woman, who they said was experiencing emotional issues.
On Jan. 24 responded to a report of a fight between a man and a woman at a First Street residence. Police were unable to obtain a statement from either person, and they said the couple was separated for the evening.
Bristol police on Feb. 8 arrested Brian Dodds, 37, of Bristol on an outstanding warrant an … (read more)
Vergennes police dealt with a variety of cases in a busy week between Feb. 12 and 18, incl … (read more)
Middlebury police cited Richard J. Murray, 57, of Middlebury for driving under the influen … (read more)