Middlebury Police Log: Man cited after foot chase
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Arron Giard, 19, of Middlebury for first-degree aggravated domestic assault, after an alleged incident in the North Pleasant Street area on Dec. 10.
Police said they took Giard into custody following a chase on foot. Police said Giard was ordered held without bail pending his arraignment.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Served separate temporary restraining orders to individuals on Daisy Lane and North Pleasant Street on Dec. 7.
• Assisted Vermont State Police in defusing a fight at the Sugarhouse Motel on Route 7 North on Dec. 7.
• Were asked on Dec. 8 to assist the Department for Children and Families with a report about an alleged, local sexual assault that had occurred “several years earlier.”
• Investigated a burglary into a camp off North Branch Road on Dec. 8.
• Were asked to help with a “juvenile problem” at Mary Hogan Elementary School on Dec. 8.
• Responded to a reported domestic dispute at the Courtyard by Marriott Hotel on Dec. 9. Police said one of the people involved in that dispute had attempted self-harm, and was taken to Porter Hospital for evaluation.
• Launched an investigation into the reported theft of a GMC Envoy SUV from a Washington Street Extension residence on Dec. 9. The case remains under investigation.
• Responded to a report of a woman throwing a cinder block at a Washington Street Extension home on Dec. 9.
• Received a complaint about “several” employees allegedly not wearing face coverings at a Seymour Street business on Dec. 9.
• Were informed of an alleged voyeurism case in the Hillside Acres neighborhood on Dec. 9. Police said the case is being investigated by the Addison County Unit for Special Investigations and the Vermont Department for Children & Families.
• Responded to a report of a homeless person threatening self-harm at the Courtyard by Marriott Hotel on Court Street Extension on Dec. 10. Police said they took the person to Porter Hospital for an evaluation by counselors.
• Arrested Steven Browne, 36, of Shoreham on an outstanding warrant for retail theft, in the Harrington Hill Road area on Dec. 11. Vermont State Police assisted with this case.
• Responded to a fraud complaint at a Wilmar Road residence on Dec. 12.
• Cited James Thurston, 31, of Middlebury for two counts of violating his conditions of release and providing false information to a police officer, near the intersection of Exchange Street and Seymour Street on Dec. 12.
• Responded to a domestic disturbance at a Valley View Drive residence on Dec. 12.
• Intervened in a dispute between two homeless guests at the Charter House Coalition warming shelter on North Pleasant Street on Dec. 13.
Bristol police on Feb. 8 arrested Brian Dodds, 37, of Bristol on an outstanding warrant an … (read more)
Vergennes police dealt with a variety of cases in a busy week between Feb. 12 and 18, incl … (read more)
Middlebury police cited Richard J. Murray, 57, of Middlebury for driving under the influen … (read more)