Vergennes Police Log for Dec. 10
VERGENNES — A number of vehicle owners in Vergennes have been slow to adapt to the city’s wintertime ban on overnight parking on city streets, which recently took effect.
Between Nov. 30 and Dec. 6, Vergennes police ticketed 16 vehicles left on streets between 2 and 6:30 a.m., with 10 offenses occurring on Dec. 2.
Police tagged three cars on Dec. 5, two on Dec. 3, and one on Dec. 4.
Also during those seven days, Vergennes police conducted 14 motorized patrols, one foot patrol and three property watches, and:
On Nov. 30 and Dec. 3 checked the welfare of two children at a Main Street residence, both times finding them to be OK.
On Dec. 1 helped Vermont State Police by dealing with a disabled vehicle at the bottom of Woodman Hill on Route 7 in Waltham.
On Dec. 2:
• Helped Vergennes Area Rescue Squad and Vergennes Residential Care personnel convince a resident who had threatened self-harm to seek counseling at Porter Hospital.
• Investigated a report of a couple allegedly being intimate in a vehicle in the Shaw’s Supermarket parking lot. Police said the people were just talking, and one of them suggested an ex-girlfriend made a false report.
On Dec. 3:
• Took a report that various minor items had been stolen overnight from two unlocked cars parked near Main Street.
• Began investigating the reported theft of $4,000 from a Booth Woods home.
On Dec. 4:
• Helped the Addison County Superior Court’s Criminal Division expunge a criminal record.
• Went to Falls Park after being told a vehicle was parked on the grass there. It was gone when police arrived.
• Responded to a complaint from a South Water Street resident that there were two drunken people on the sidewalk outside the home. They were gone when police arrived.
On Dec. 5 led the city’s Christmas parade.
Two Leicester men shot in targeted attacked; one killed
Shooting near Leicester Four Corners on Sunday night leaves one man dead, another in criti … (read more)
Vermont State Police Log: Driver killed in crash identified
On May 24, after the deadline for the last print edition of the Independent, Vermont State … (read more)
Middlebury Police Log: Man cited for DUI following accident
Middlebury police cited Stephen M. Belanger, 29, of Middlebury for driving under the influ … (read more)