Vergennes Police Log: Citations coming for vandalism on West Street
VERGENNES — Vergennes police on Monday said they were expecting to issue citations soon in a Nov. 18 case of vandalism on West Street.
Police said vandals spray-painted a garbage truck and its license plate and a nearby portable toilet and also damaged a power cable to the truck’s battery. They were nearing completion of an investigation on Monday and were preparing to act, they said.
In other activity between Nov. 16 and 22, Vergennes police conducted nine car patrols and a property watch, and also:
On Nov. 16 began investigating a report from a Green Street resident of a restraining order violation.
On Nov. 17:
• Ticketed the driver of a tractor-trailer truck for driving 59 mph in a 30 mph West Main Street zone.
• Consulted with a woman worried about the behavior of her ex-husband toward her. Police told her how to obtain a no-stalking order and how to contact WomenSafe.
• Received a call for the department K-9 unit to help find an 11-year-old in Shelburne, a request that was canceled while on route.
On Nov. 18:
• Helped an Addison County Superior Court official expunge criminal records in three cases.
• Aided the Vergennes Area Rescue Squad on a Main Street call.
On Nov. 20:
• Helped Age Well hand out holiday meal bags at the St. Peter’s Catholic Church parking lot.
• Reported a case of bullying to school officials.
• Dealt with a minor two-car accident on South Water Street.
On Nov. 21 responded to an accident in the crosswalk at South Water and Main streets, where a vehicle struck a woman walking her dog, injuring both. Police said both were OK, although the woman remains hospitalized at the UVM Medical Center. The accident, which occurred at 5:30 p.m., remains under investigation.
On Nov. 22 handled a barking-dog complaint about a Comfort Hill home.
Vergennes police on Feb. 8 cited a Shoreham resident for driving under the influence of al … (read more)
A Ripton man was killed in a two-vehicle crash at the intersection of East Street and Mark … (read more)
Middlebury police documented a swastika hate symbol that had been drawn on the wall at the … (read more)