Middlebury Police Log for Aug. 13
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police arrested Brian Warner, 47, of Salisbury on an outstanding warrant, following a traffic stop on East Main Street on Aug. 4.
Two days later, on Aug. 6, police cited Warner for driving under the influence of drugs, following their investigation of an alleged domestic incident at an East Main Street residence. Police said no domestic assault had taken place.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Were informed of the theft of solar garden lights from a North Pleasant Street business on Aug. 3.
• Found a collection of used, disposable syringes in the parking lot leading into the Abbey Pond trail off Case Street on Aug. 4. Some were capped, others were not, according to police, who disposed of them in a hazardous waste container.
• Warned a man about driving too aggressively on Case Street on Aug. 5.
• Served a temporary restraining order on a local man on Aug. 5.
• Assisted a Case Street resident who reported that two tires on her vehicle had been slashed on Aug. 5.
• Were informed of the theft of three tires (mounted on rims) and a single rim taken from the unlocked basement of a Case Street home on Aug. 6. The case remains under investigation.
• Assisted a Case Street resident with a complaint about a neighbor’s noise and “driving activities” on Aug. 6
• Served a no-trespass order on Aug. 6 on a person barred from the Middlebury Natural Foods Co-op.
• Responded to a report of a driver running his car into a tree off Route 30 in Cornwall during the evening of Aug. 7. Police said no one was injured in the accident, which Vermont State Police were unable to attend to at the time.
• Encountered a man who was walking down the middle of Exchange Street while “gesturing wildly” at around 8 p.m. on Aug. 7. Police said the man agreed to walk on the shoulder of the road.
• Responded to a report of a “disoriented” woman in the East Main Street area on Aug. 7. Police said the woman wasn’t there upon their arrival.
• Were informed of the theft of a mountain bike from the Maple Street area on Aug. 7.
• Responded to a report of a driver leaving the scene of an accident on Elm Street on Aug. 7.
• Assisted state police with a disorderly conduct case on West Shore Road in Salisbury on Aug. 7.
• Received a complaint on Aug. 8 about people drinking alcohol and throwing trash beneath the bridge that spans the gorge on East Main Street.
• Investigated a report of a “suspicious person” at the Homeward Bound headquarters off Boardman Street on Aug. 8. Police said they couldn’t find the person in questions.
• Responded to a report of a driver leaving the scene of an accident on Route 7 South on Aug. 8.
• Assisted a local resident on Aug. 9 who complained of being “scammed” in an out-of-state transaction.
• Responded to a report of someone driving with a suspended license on Quarry Road on Aug. 9.
• Destroyed a crack pipe that had been collected from Porter Hospital on Aug. 9.
Vergennes police say they are working to identify persons of interest in a series of theft … (read more)
Vermont State Police early this week issued an arrest warrant charging 23-year-old Trent J … (read more)
Middlebury police were kept busy last week with a wide range of service calls, including s … (read more)