Middlebury Police Log for Apr. 23
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police on May 13 arrested 31-year-old Middlebury resident Jerry Dunbar, who was wanted on an outstanding warrant for escape.
Police said they took Dunbar into custody in the Court Street area. Dunbar was lodged that evening at the Marble Valley Regional Correctional Facility in Rutland, according to police.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Responded to a domestic dispute at a Court Street residence on April 13. Police said it was a verbal argument and one of the parties agreed to leave the home.
• Cited Heath Bougor, 39, of Middlebury for retail theft, following an alleged incident at Hannaford supermarket on April 13.
• Received a report that someone had stolen a package of clothing from the front door of an Otterside Court home on April 14.
• Responded to a report of juveniles ignoring social distancing orders near the intersection of Bakery Lane and Cross Street on April 14.
• Assisted state police at the scene of an alleged domestic assault off Leland Road in Salisbury on April 14. Police said VSP took a man into custody for the alleged offense.
• Received a report about a car alarm sounding on Boardman Street on April 15.
• Helped Porter Hospital officials with an “out-of-control” woman on April 15.
• Were informed that a man who had previously stolen items from the Hannaford supermarket was back in the store on April 15. The man left upon the arrival of police.
• Notified Vermont State Police about a person at Porter Hospital who had allegedly been assaulted outside of Middlebury on April 16.
• Investigated a car break-in at the Oak Ridge parking lot near the intersection of Upper Plains Road and Route 125 on April 16. Police said someone smashed in one of the car windows in order to steal an iPhone and a wallet.
• Served a no-trespass order on a man who was not complying with rules at the Courtyard by Marriott Hotel on April 16.
• Served a no-trespass order on a woman who was not wanted at the Courtyard by Marriott Hotel on April 16. Police said the woman left the property.
• Responded to a reported theft from a Fields Road residence on April 16. Police said the case remains under investigation.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS in getting into a local home where a resident had fallen on April 16.
• Persuaded two drunken men to leave a Court Street home where they were no longer wanted on April 16.
• Served a temporary restraining order on a man in the Washington Street area on April 17.
• Served court paperwork on a Washington Street residence on April 17.
• Helped Vermont State Police locate a person in the Mayapple Lane area on April 17.
• Removed a drunken man who wasn’t wanted at a Court Street residence on April 17.
• Helped Middlebury Regional EMS with a man described by police as being in “an altered mental state” on April 18.
• Checked on a junk ordinance-related complaint in the Exchange Street area on April 18.
• Responded to a report of a man passed out behind the wheel of a car at the intersection of Routes 7 and 53 at around 3:50 a.m. on April 20.
Vermont State Police Log: Driver killed in crash identified
On May 24, after the deadline for the last print edition of the Independent, Vermont State … (read more)
Middlebury Police Log: Man cited for DUI following accident
Middlebury police cited Stephen M. Belanger, 29, of Middlebury for driving under the influ … (read more)
Vergennes Police Log for May 25
Vergennes police on May 16 arrested a Vergennes resident on behalf of the federal Drug Enf … (read more)