Middlebury Police Log for Apr. 16
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police found a man and a woman hanging out behind a storage container at a Court Street Extension business on April 7. Police said they warned the couple they were trespassing and in violation of the state’s coronavirus-related order on social distancing.
The couple separated and left the area, police said.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Served a no-trespassing order on April 6 on a man who wasn’t wanted at the Courtyard by Marriott Hotel.
• Conducted welfare checks on people in the Valley View Drive and Jackson Lane neighborhoods on April 6. Police said the people in both cases were fine.
• Checked on a report of smoke emanating from a backyard near the intersection of Court and Monroe streets on April 7. Police said the residents were extinguishing a fire pit.
• Spoke with a group of Valley View Drive residents about the importance of social distancing on April 7.
• Responded to a reported hit-and-run accident in a Valley View Drive parking lot on April 7.
• Investigated an unlawful mischief complaint in the North Pleasant Street area on April 7.
• Responded to a two-vehicle accident near the intersection of Halladay Road and Route 7 South on April 8. Police reported no injuries as a result of the accident.
• Served a no-trespass order on April 8 on a woman who wasn’t wanted at the Middlebury Natural Foods Co-op on Washington Street.
• Were informed of the theft of two bikes from the South Street neighborhood on April 9.
• Cautioned a man found sleeping outside of a closed College Street business at around 1:40 a.m. on April 9.
• Responded to a report of an illegal burn off Lower Plains Road on April 10.
• Helped a Meadow Way parent who was having difficulties with a child on April 10.
• Opened an investigation into a complaint about illegal drug use in town on April 10.
• Helped Middlebury firefighters respond to a report of smoke in a North Pleasant Street building on April 11.
• Received a complaint on April 11 from the landlord of a Weybridge Street apartment about the suspected use of drugs by a tenant.
• Assisted Vermont State Police with a suspected domestic disturbance in New Haven on April 12.
Bristol police on Feb. 8 arrested Brian Dodds, 37, of Bristol on an outstanding warrant an … (read more)
Vergennes police dealt with a variety of cases in a busy week between Feb. 12 and 18, incl … (read more)
Middlebury police cited Richard J. Murray, 57, of Middlebury for driving under the influen … (read more)