Middlebury Police Log: Police investigate sexual abuse
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police received information on Feb. 19 of a possible sexual abuse incident that the local victim alleges occurred “several years ago.”
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Were informed of the theft of a Salamander heater from a Munson Road resident’s garage on Feb. 17.
• Investigated a two-vehicle crash, without injuries, on Route 7 South on Feb. 17.
• Responded to a report of sagging power lines at the intersection of Methodist Lane and Seymour Street on Feb. 18.
• Responded to a verbal domestic dispute between a man and woman in the Storrs Avenue area on Feb. 18.
• Helped find a person who was missing from Weybridge on Feb. 19.
• Responded to a dispute between some Valley View neighbors on Feb. 19.
• Responded, with Middlebury firefighters, to an alarm activation at a Court Street apartment on Feb. 20. Officials determined that cooking had set off the alarm.
• Investigated a report of someone shooting into the woods from Upper Plains Road on Feb. 20. Police said the vehicle had left upon their arrival.
• Were informed that someone had driven away from the Maplefields store on Route 7 South without paying for their gasoline on Feb. 21.
• Received a report of a drunken person seated on the steps of a Chipman Park home on Feb. 22.
• Responded to a report of a person starting an unauthorized fire off Halpin Road on Feb. 22. Police said the culprit put out the fire.
• Received into evidence a syringe that a person had found on the ground off Court Street on Feb. 22.
• Responded to a reported crash in a parking lot off Court Street Extension on Feb. 23.
• Assisted Vermont State Police in locating a person of interest in the Court Street Extension area on Feb. 23.
Two people were sent to the hospital — one by helicopter — after their car went off Route … (read more)
A West Street resident reported to Vergennes police on Jan. 19 that between $75 and $120 w … (read more)
Middlebury police helped Counseling Service of Addison County officials with a client who … (read more)