Vergennes Police Log: Police investigate two thefts from same apartment
VERGENNES — Vergennes police are investigating two Dec. 27 incidents of thefts at the same Main Street apartment.
Police said a woman reported that personal financial and identification materials and medications were stolen from a car that she briefly left running outside her home.
Police said she also reported a number of Amazon packages delivered to her apartment were stolen. The case remains under investigation, according to police.
In other action between Dec. 23 and 29, Vergennes police:
On Dec. 23:
• Ticketed two vehicles left out at night on Main Street in violation of the city’s winter parking ban.
• Helped a woman get into her locked vehicle on Main Street.
• Received a wallet found on New Haven Road and contacted its owner.
• Helped Vermont State Police (VSP) screen a female driver for impairment after her vehicle nearly collided head-on with the trooper’s cruiser on Route 7; police determined she was suffering from a medical condition and called the Vergennes Area Rescue Squad (VARS) to examine her.
• Responded to a report of a vehicle unable to maintain its lane on Main Street and determined the operator was OK.
• Talked to a man allegedly being physically abused by his wife and informed the caller how he could seek assistance.
• Assisted a wrecker while it was removing a vehicle on Main Street.
On Dec. 24:
• Ticketed five vehicles in violation of the city’s winter parking ban.
• Helped VARS at a Green Street residence, where a male had sustained a head injury; VARS took him to Porter Hospital.
• Helped VSP with a drunken man who was breaking things in a home on Jersey Street in Panton; he agreed to be seen by VARS and was left with a family member.
• Assisted VSP at a domestic assault on Middlebrook Road in Ferrisburgh involving two men, one of whom, police said, sustained injury.
On Dec. 26:
• Ticketed a vehicle in violation of the city’s winter parking ban.
• Took a report on a fender-bender in the Kinney Drug Store parking lot in which one driver left without leaving contact or insurance information.
• At the station took a report of recent illegal drug activity in the Vergennes area.
• Conducted a traffic detail on Panton Road, but saw no violations.
On Dec. 27:
• Conducted a traffic detail on West Main Street and issued three warnings.
• Conducted a traffic detail on Main Street and Monkton Road and ticketed one driver.
• At the station assisted VSP with the processing of an operator suspected of driving while impaired by drugs.
• Conducted a traffic detail on Monkton Road and issued three tickets and two warnings.
• Issued a no-trespass order to a male customer of Shaw’s Supermarket who was allegedly harassing a female employee; police said court action is also possible.
• Investigated a report of a stolen mailbox and post from a Macdonough Drive residence; police said the incident could be related to similar incidents that took place on Sand Road in Ferrisburgh. State police reported a rash of mailbox thefts and vandalism in several towns on Dec. 27 and 28.
On Dec. 28:
• Ticketed three vehicles in violation of the city’s winter parking ban.
• Assisted the Vergennes Department of Public Works with recycling activities.
• Began investigation of an alleged assault at the City Limits Tavern during which the complainant sustained injury.
• Calmed a verbal domestic dispute at a Main Street apartment; police said the participants were arguing over financial issues.
• Helped Middlebury police by evaluating a suspect for impaired driving; police said the driver’s vehicle struck the Tractor Supply Company building on Foote Street.
• Conducted a traffic detail on West Main Street and issued three tickets.
• Took a drunken man to the Act One detox facility in Burlington; police initially responded to help VARS deal with a report of a severely intoxicated man found on Panton Road.
• Conducted a traffic detail on Main Street, but saw no violations.
• Ticketed a driver for driving without a license and for driving an uninsured and unregistered vehicle after responding to a report that a vehicle had run into a West Main Street fire hydrant.
Vergennes Police Log for May 25
Vergennes police on May 16 arrested a Vergennes resident on behalf of the federal Drug Enf … (read more)
Vermont State Police Log: Waltham woman dies in Route 7 crash in Ferrisburgh
Troopers report that a 2012 Subaru Impreza was traveling southbound on Route 7 near Dakin … (read more)
Middlebury Police Log: Man cited with mulitple assault charges
Middlebury police on Tuesday, May 16, cited a local young adult with multiple assault-rela … (read more)