Vergennes Police Log: Milton man cited for DUI-2 in Vergennes
VERGENNES — Vergennes police on Sept. 20 cited a Milton man for driving under the influence of alcohol, second offense, and leaving the scene of an accident.
Police responded to a call from a South Water Street resident that a vehicle had been driven over an embankment on that street at about 5 p.m. that Friday and left there. Police were told the driver, when he walked away from the scene, appeared to be intoxicated.
Police said they found the driver, and allege he was Henry A. Bonges, 36, of Milton. They then cited him for DUI No. 2, alleging his blood-alcohol tested at 0.238, about three times the legal limit for driving (0.08), and for leaving the scene.
Between Sept. 16 and 22 police also operated six directed patrols to enforce traffic laws throughout Vergennes, during which they ticketed one driver and warned another, and also:
On Sept. 16:
• Issued court diversion paperwork to a Northlands Job Corps student for marijuana use; the student was also treated at Porter Hospital for a bad reaction to the drug after inhaling from a vaping pen.
• Directed traffic around a disabled tractor-trailer truck on West Main Street.
On Sept. 18:
• Backed up Vermont State Police at a domestic dispute on Middlebrook Road in Ferrisburgh.
• Dealt with two two-car accidents, one on South Water Street and one at the intersection of New Haven Road and Route 7 on behalf of state police.
• Sent the department’s female officer to help state police calm a Monkton woman who was feeling suicidal.
On Sept. 19 conducted a crosswalk enforcement detail on Main Street.
Bristol police on Feb. 8 arrested Brian Dodds, 37, of Bristol on an outstanding warrant an … (read more)
Vergennes police dealt with a variety of cases in a busy week between Feb. 12 and 18, incl … (read more)
Middlebury police cited Richard J. Murray, 57, of Middlebury for driving under the influen … (read more)