Vergennes Police Log: Northlands students cited for sharing sex act photos
VERGENNES — Vergennes police cited three Northlands Job Corps students on Aug. 13 in connection with a sex act a male and a female engaged in inside the campus chapel while a male took photos. Police said a fight broke out in the campus cafeteria between the two males, apparently because the photographer, a minor, was showing the photos to other students.
Police cited Anthony Hammond-Jack, 20, of The Bronx, N.Y., for disorderly conduct, displaying indecent material, and displaying indecent material in the presence of a minor. City police cited Anpanel Davis, 18, of Boston for displaying indecent material and displaying indecent material in the presence of a minor. And they cited a 17-year-old juvenile from Brockton, Mass., for disorderly conduct.
As well as conducting 15 traffic-control patrols during which they issued seven warnings and three tickets, between Aug. 12 and 25 Vergennes police also:
On Aug. 12:
• Dealt with a dispute between a separated couple over a rent rebate check.
• Handled a one-car accident on New Haven Road.
On Aug. 13:
• Looked into a case at Kinney Drugs in which an individual in the store took an item of merchandise from a box and used it in the store; police said they are still investigating.
• Helped the Vergennes Area Rescue Squad on South Water Street.
• Ruled no foul play was involved in an untimely death at a Main Street residence.
• Determined that a man had not violated the terms of his conditions of release by contacting a complainant’s daughter, as the conditions had been amended.
On Aug. 14:
• Dealt with a complaint that workmen on Main Street had started making noise too early.
• Spoke to a neighbor who was alleged to have harassed a Battery Hill resident about parking.
• Handled a minor accident in the Shaw’s Supermarket parking lot.
• Responded to the John Graham Shelter, where a resident having issues sprayed something at other residents; police said Counseling Service of Addison County staff spoke with her afterward.
On Aug. 17 helped a motorist get into a locked vehicle on Green Street.
On Aug. 18:
• Spoke to a pedestrian who had been struck by a vehicle on Main Street two days earlier, suffering only minor injuries, and said he could identify the driver.
• Dealt with a complaint about noisy children at a Main Street apartment building.
On Aug. 19:
• At a Route 7 traffic stop arrested Anthony Baker, 27, of Brandon for driving with a suspended license, criminal offense, and an outstanding warrant; police lodged him in the Marble Valley Correctional Center.
• Backed up Vermont State Police at a Waltham dispute.
On Aug. 21:
• Helped two motorists get into locked vehicles on Main Street.
• Calmed a citizens’ dispute on Walker Avenue.
On Aug. 22:
• Helped the Ferrisburgh Fire Department on behalf of state police.
• Ran a Governor’s Safety Council traffic detail throughout the city and ticketed 11 drivers.
• Helped a motorist get into a locked vehicle on Green Street.
On Aug. 23:
• Helped state police by sending a department Drug Recognition Expert to evaluate the driver of the car involved in a fatality in New Haven Junction.
• Dealt with a one-car accident on Monkton Road.
On Aug. 24
• Cited Colter K. Dunning, 22, for driving under the influence of alcohol, second offense, and negligent operation. Police allege Dunning’s blood-alcohol content tested at 0.172; the legal limit for driving is 0.08. They pulled his vehicle over downtown for allegedly squealing its tires and driving with a door open with a passenger hanging out it; police said there were also open containers in the vehicle.
• Were told a cellphone was stolen from an attendee of an event at city hall during Vergennes Day.
Two Leicester men shot in targeted attacked; one killed
Shooting near Leicester Four Corners on Sunday night leaves one man dead, another in criti … (read more)
Vermont State Police Log: Driver killed in crash identified
On May 24, after the deadline for the last print edition of the Independent, Vermont State … (read more)
Middlebury Police Log: Man cited for DUI following accident
Middlebury police cited Stephen M. Belanger, 29, of Middlebury for driving under the influ … (read more)