Bristol Police Log: Minors cited with aggravated disorderly conduct
BRISTOL — Last month, Bristol police responded to a couple of disputes between juveniles in the Bristol area.
Police on April 10 responded to a dispute between two minors on West Street. After investigating, police cited both young men, a 15-year-old and a 14-year-old, for aggravated disorderly conduct.
On April 19, Bristol police responded to a harassment complaint on Airport Drive. The individuals involved were gone when police arrived, and an investigation is ongoing.
Between April 9 and 22, Bristol police completed 50 foot patrols, conducted 18 traffic stops and checked security at Mount Abraham Union High School 12 times, at Bristol Elementary School 12 times and at local businesses 13 times.
Police also processed 10 fingerprint requests, helped two individuals gain access into their locked vehicles, responded to one false alarm activated by an employee error and conducted one welfare check.
In other recent activity, Bristol police:
• On April 11, responded to South Street for a one-car crash that didn’t result in any injuries.
• On April 12, responded to a minor, one-vehicle crash in a parking lot on Mountain Street.
• On April 13, received a social media complaint. The information will be reviewed by the Addison County State’s Attorney to determine if the messages rise to the level of an offense.
• On April 13, received a report of a loose dog on Meehan Road and ticketed the owner for the violation.
• On April 15, presented fingerprinting and crime prevention classes to Boy Scouts in Bristol Troop 543 for merit badge completion.
• On April 16, responded to a minor two-car crash on Church Street.
• On April 17, responded to Church Street for a tree branch that had broken off and was blocking traffic.
• On April 19, assisted with traffic control on Mountain Street during school bus drills.
• On April 20, provided traffic control on South Street while a utility company worked in the roadway.
• On April 20, provided assistance during a dispute between a customer and store employee on Route 116 South.
• On April 21, responded to a complaint of a barking dog on River Road. Police warned the owner and advised them of the animal ordinance.
• On April 21, assisted a driver with a disabled vehicle on West Street.
• On April 21, responded to a complaint of an intoxicated individual who was being loud in the Adirondack View area. Police spoke with the involved people, who agreed to lower their voices.
Vermont State Police Log: Driver killed in crash identified
On May 24, after the deadline for the last print edition of the Independent, Vermont State … (read more)
Middlebury Police Log: Man cited for DUI following accident
Middlebury police cited Stephen M. Belanger, 29, of Middlebury for driving under the influ … (read more)
Vergennes Police Log for May 25
Vergennes police on May 16 arrested a Vergennes resident on behalf of the federal Drug Enf … (read more)