Vermont State Police Log: Domestic disturbance ends in citation, jail
ADDISON COUNTY — This past Sunday evening at around 5:15 p.m., Vermont State Police received the report of a domestic disturbance at a Hand Road home in Ferrisburgh.
After looking into the matter, troopers alleged that 31-year-old Daniel Averill of Ferrisburgh had caused bodily injury to a household member and in doing so violated an active abuse prevention order. Averill had fled the home before troopers arrived, but they found him in the woods nearby and took him into custody.
State police took Averill to the New Haven barracks, cited him for domestic assault and violation of an abuse prevention order and lodged him at the Marble Valley Regional Correctional Facility with bail set at $3,000.
In other recent activity, Vermont State Police:
• On March 14 a little before 5:30 p.m. responded to a report of a family fight on Monkton Road in Monkton. After what police called “a brief use of force,” troopers took into custody Evan Howard, 37, of Monkton, took him to the New Haven barracks and cited him for domestic assault.
Troopers said they were assisted in this case by Bristol police, Addison County sheriff’s deputies and Department of Homeland Security Investigations.
• On March 15 at around 12:53 a.m. closed both lanes of Route 22A around Hemenway Road in Bridport due to a motor vehicle accident. The highway was opened after a little more than an hour. Police did not provide any detail on the accident.
• On March 16 at 5:20 p.m. responded to a two-vehicle crash at the intersection of Burpee and Stoney Hill roads in Bristol — the intersection with the four-way stop. Police report that a 2019 GMC Sierra driven by Robert Robidoux, 59, of Middlebury was southbound on Burpee Road while a 2000 Toyota Camry driven by Jeffrey Smith, 53, of Weybridge was westbound on Stoney Hill Road. The Camry arrived at the stop sign first, and both vehicles entered the intersection at the same time after stopping. As a result, the front-end of the Sierra, which had a plow affixed to it, struck the passenger side of the Camry. No injuries were reported.
Police laid the blame on Robidoux, who they said entered the intersection without yielding the right of way. They issued him a traffic ticket.
• On March 17 at a few minutes before 8 p.m. responded to a report of a truck crashing into a utility pole. Troopers report that a 2014 Chevy Silverado driven by Kenneth A. Marcelle Jr., 24, of East Middlebury slid off the road and collided with a telephone pole. Unable to remove his vehicle from the ditch, Marcelle was picked up at the scene by a friend and taken to a nearby home. Police cited Marcelle for leaving the scene of an accident and negligent driving.
• On March 17 at 11:19 p.m. were dispatched to the Sugarbush Access Road in Warren for a report of a pickup truck crashed into a tree. Police said driver Joshua Marinack, 29, of Granville was under the influence of intoxicants. They cited him for DUI.
• On March 18 at 8:30 p.m. closed Route 7 near Town Hill Road in New Haven to safely remove a disabled tractor-trailer unit. The road closure lasted around 20 minutes.
• On March 18 at 11:23 p.m. stopped a vehicle at the intersection of Greenbush and Stage roads in Ferrisburgh after observing a motor vehicle violation. Police ended up citing Abigail Nicholson-Wemette, 19, of Starksboro for driving under the influence, first offense.
• On March 19 at a quarter to 7 p.m. logged a report of a physical altercation involving multiple people at a home on Leicester Whiting Road in Leicester. After investigating, police alleged that Aurora Higgins, 18, of Leicester had assaulted a Rutland 19-year-old and they cited Higgins for simple assault. Troopers said they were still investigating the case.
Vergennes Police Log for May 25
Vergennes police on May 16 arrested a Vergennes resident on behalf of the federal Drug Enf … (read more)
Vermont State Police Log: Waltham woman dies in Route 7 crash in Ferrisburgh
Troopers report that a 2012 Subaru Impreza was traveling southbound on Route 7 near Dakin … (read more)
Middlebury Police Log: Man cited with mulitple assault charges
Middlebury police on Tuesday, May 16, cited a local young adult with multiple assault-rela … (read more)