Bristol Police Log for Mar. 23
BRISTOL — Between Feb. 19 and March 11 Bristol police completed 48 foot patrols and one car patrol, conducted six traffic stops, and checked the security at Mount Abraham Union High School 16 times, at Bristol Elementary School 14 times and at local businesses 17 times.
Police also processed 32 fingerprint requests, helped an individual get into a locked vehicle, conducted a welfare check, responded to a false alarm that was triggered by an employee error, and returned one loose dog to its owner.
In other recent activity, Bristol police:
• On Feb. 19 helped someone on Lower Notch Road contact the appropriate agency regarding a civil issue.
• On Feb. 22 responded to a report of two individuals passed out in their vehicle in the Shaw’s parking lot. The vehicle was gone when police arrived.
• On Feb. 23 responded to the Bristol Fire Station for the report of a suspicious vehicle in the parking lot. The owner was located, and the vehicle was moved.
• On Feb. 23 responded to a noise disturbance on South Street and determined residents were practicing Brazilian jiu jitsu.
• On Feb. 24 assisted the Department of Public Works in removing a vehicle that was parked on Main Street and interfering with snow removal. Because officials reach the owner the vehicle was towed.
• On Feb. 24 helped a motorist with a dead battery on Prince Lane.
• On Feb. 26 received a late report of a motor vehicle crash that had occurred on Main Street.
• On Feb. 27 helped an individual obtain medical assistance on Stony Hill Road.
• On Feb. 27 received a report of a car that had been hit on School Street. The person involved had left their contact information and no police action was required.
• On Feb. 28 assisted an investigator from the Department of Homeland Security at the Bristol Police Department.
• On March 1 assisted a business on West Street with a parking concern.
• On March 2 assisted Mount Abe with a truancy concern.
• On March 2 helped Vermont State Police find a vehicle that was reportedly being operated erratically on Burpee Road.
• On March 5 assisted an individual with obtaining a notice against trespass on South Street.
• On March 6 issued parking warnings on Pleasant Street.
• On March 7 issued diversion paperwork to a juvenile who was in possession of marijuana on Airport Drive.
• On March 8 received a report of a theft on Prince Lane. An investigation is ongoing.
• On March 9 received a report of an individual receiving unwanted messages through social media on Airport Drive. An investigation is ongoing.
• On March 9 responded to Pumphouse Road for an animal problem.
• On March 11 received a complaint of a theft on Main Street. An investigation is ongoing.
Vergennes Police Log for May 25
Vergennes police on May 16 arrested a Vergennes resident on behalf of the federal Drug Enf … (read more)
Vermont State Police Log: Waltham woman dies in Route 7 crash in Ferrisburgh
Troopers report that a 2012 Subaru Impreza was traveling southbound on Route 7 near Dakin … (read more)
Middlebury Police Log: Man cited with mulitple assault charges
Middlebury police on Tuesday, May 16, cited a local young adult with multiple assault-rela … (read more)