Middlebury Police Log for Sept. 15
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Ashleigh Hickey, 30, of Middlebury for retail theft and violation of her conditions of release, following an incident at Hannaford supermarket off Court Street Extension on Sept. 8.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Checked the welfare of a woman and child in the Court Street area, at the request of the Vermont Department for Children and Families (DCF), on Sept. 5.
• Assisted state police in arresting a man in the Jayne Court neighborhood on Sept. 5.
• Helped a person possibly victimized by an investment scam on Sept. 5.
• Responded to a report of a loud party in the downtown area at 12:23 a.m. on Sept. 6.
• Assisted DCF in taking custody of a child in the Court Street area on Sept. 6.
• Helped a woman who was experiencing a mental health crisis on Main Street on Sept. 7.
• Investigated a minor crash in the Middlebury Union High School parking lot on Sept. 7.
• Helped resolved a family dispute on Sept. 7.
• Assisted Counseling Service of Addison County with a woman who was experiencing a mental health crisis in the Lindale Circle area on Sept. 7.
• Returned, to Middlebury Union Middle School (MUMS), a student who had left campus on Sept. 7.
• Responded to a two-car accident, with minor injuries, at the intersection of Court Street and Charles Avenue on Sept. 7.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS (MREMS) with a person experiencing a mental health crisis at Porter Hospital on Sept. 7.
• Received a call on Sept. 8 from a local person who reported being threatened.
• Issued a no-trespass notice on a woman who had been caught shoplifting from Hannaford supermarket on Sept. 8.
• Received a report that someone had spray-painted the underside of the newly painted Cross Street Bridge on Sept. 8.
• Responded to report of juveniles skateboarding at the Jolly Short Stop gas station off Court Street Extension on Sept. 9.
• Assisted a local woman who had been victimized by an internet scam on Sept. 9. Police caution that if a person poses as a police officer or any other profession and requests gift card codes via phone, don’t do it, and notify your local law enforcement agency.
• Investigated a reported theft from the Helping Overcome Poverty’s Effects resale shop on Boardman Street in Sept. 9.
• Assisted a man who was having a mental health crisis on Mill Street on Sept. 9.
• Found a student in possession of marijuana at MUMS on Sept. 9.
• Began an investigation on Sept. 8 into a suspected retail theft from TJ Maxx.
• Responded to a report of an angry customer at the Verizon store off Court Street on Sept. 9.
• Responded to a report of financial fraud at a Water Street address on Sept. 9.
• Responded to a noise complaint in the Seminary Street Extension area on Sept. 10.
• Responded to a report of a motorcyclist operating erratically on Main Street on Sept. 10.
• Arrested Stephan Belanger of Middlebury for violating the conditions of his release, in the Seymour Street area, on Sept. 10.
• Assisted MREMS on a service call in Sugarwood Court on Sept. 11.
• Responded to a report of a woman having a mental health crisis on Case Street on Sept. 11.
• Assisted Vermont State Police at the scene of a fatal ATV accident on Cove Road in Bristol at a little before 8 p.m. on Sept. 11. State police report that Matthew White, 54, of Bristol died in the accident.
• Received complaints about a loud Middlebury College student-related party at a South Main Street residence at 10:17 p.m. on Sept. 11.
• Investigated a report of an unwanted person at a Court Street Extension business a little after midnight on Sept. 12.
• Responded to a report of someone yelling near the Sunoco gas station on Court Street at 3:32 a.m. on Sept. 12.
Criminals broke into the building that houses foreign workers at Sunrise Orchards in Cornw … (read more)
Two people were sent to the hospital — one by helicopter — after their car went off Route … (read more)
A West Street resident reported to Vergennes police on Jan. 19 that between $75 and $120 w … (read more)