Middlebury Police Log: Boston driver is cited for DUI
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police stopped a vehicle driven on Ridgeline Road by Patrick Stevenson, 23, of Boston at about a quarter after midnight on Aug. 26. The stop followed multiple reports of a person driving erratically downtown. Police cited Stevenson for driving under the influence.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Helped a houseless man find a place to stay for the night on Aug. 22.
• Helped state police respond to a call for service in Weybridge on Aug. 22.
• Spoke with a person who reported hearing gunshots in the East Middlebury area on Aug. 22.
• Assisted with a child custody matter on Court Street on Aug. 22.
• Helped Middlebury Regional EMS with a man who was overdosing on LSD in the Court Street area on Aug. 22. Police said MREMS took the man to Porter Hospital.
• Interviewed a local resident on Aug. 23 who had made allegations of stalking and harassment.
• Assisted a Seymour Street family in de-escalating an argument on Aug. 23.
• Helped a woman deal with a potential rental scam in Middlebury on Aug. 23.
• Contacted a person believed to have been dumping trash illegally at the Helping Overcome Poverty’s Effects property off Boardman Street on Aug. 23.
• Responded to a dispute between some Woodbridge Lane neighbors on Aug. 23.
• Helped a woman who was experiencing a mental health crisis at the Residences at Otter Creek on Aug. 24.
• Helped resolve a dispute between some Cedar Court neighbors on Aug. 24.
• Responded to a report of a man who had “possibly” been exposing himself in public off Court Street on Aug. 24. Police said mental health professionals are helping in the investigation.
• Responded to a report of a houseless woman sleeping in the entryway of a Main Street office on Aug. 24. Police said they referred the woman to lodging options and other services.
• Continued their investigation on Aug. 25 into possible credit card fraud involving a local victim.
• Received a report about a vehicle being keyed while parked downtown on Aug. 25.
• Investigated a report of someone breaking a window on a Court Street building on Aug. 25.
• Investigated a report of a hit-and-run incident involving two vehicles in an Exchange Street parking lot on Aug. 25.
• Helped a woman who was experiencing a mental health crisis on Court Street on Aug. 25. Officials from the Counseling Service of Addison County assisted the woman.
• Searched in vain for a “confused” woman who had reportedly been walking on Route 7 South on Aug. 25.
• Turned over, to a sober party, a drunken woman found wandering barefoot in Buttolph Acres on Aug. 26.
• Investigated a report of some houseless people arguing loudly behind Ilsley Library on Aug. 26.
• Received a report about an allegedly drunken man driving on Court Street with a flat tire on Aug. 26.
• Assisted Vermont State Police at the scene of a crash at the intersection of College and Weybridge streets on Aug. 27 that involved a person who was taken into custody.
• Checked, along with Middlebury firefighters, on a report of smoke emanating from a building on Creek Road on Aug. 27. Police said there was no fire.
• Assisted an elderly woman who had fallen on Court Street Extension on Aug. 27.
• Conducted a foot patrol downtown at around 12:30 a.m. on Aug. 27 and found numerous properties unlocked. Police are encouraging people to lock their homes, businesses and vehicles when unattended.
• Investigated a report of some drunken women yelling at passing cars on Washington Street on Aug. 28. Police said the women were gone when they arrived at the scene.
• Responded to a noise complaint on South Pleasant Street on Aug. 28.
Vergennes police last week were twice called to deal with patients being dismissed from th … (read more)
Vermont State Police dealt with several motor vehicle incidents in the past week — some in … (read more)
Middlebury police responded to the report of a man exposing himself in the drive-through o … (read more)