Middlebury Police Log: Man cited for aggravated domestic assault
January 20, 2022
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Matthew Cooke, 30, of Essex, Vt., for first-degree aggravated domestic assault, violation of the conditions of his release, and driving with a criminally suspended license, following an investigation of a reported domestic dispute in the South Pleasant Street area on Jan. 11.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
- Ticketed vehicles in violation of the Middlebury’s winter parking ban downtown on Jan. 9.
- Investigated a harassment complaint in the Court Street area on Jan. 10. Police said they found a drunken woman at the location, whom they drove to Vergennes to place in the care of her daughter.
- Responded to a Kodiak Drive home on Jan. 10 after a report of an individual who might have been violating a court order. The case remains under investigation, according to police.
- Calmed a family argument in the Merchants Row area on Jan. 11. Police said the conflict was verbal only.
- Responded to a Lifeline activation call at a Sugarwood Court home on Jan. 12, and arrived to find no one at the address.
- Checked on the welfare of an adult and child who had fallen asleep in a vehicle parked off Court Street on Jan. 12. The occupants of the vehicle were OK, police said.
- Heard from a local woman on Jan. 12 who said her ex-boyfriend wouldn’t stop contacting her. Police spoke with a man, who they said promised to stop.
- Assisted Mary Hogan Elementary School staff with a misbehaving child on Jan. 12.
- Responded to a noise complaint in the Washington Street area on Jan. 13.
- Assisted a local resident who was receiving unwanted messages on Jan. 13.
- Cited Benjamin T. Taylor, 40, of Middlebury on an outstanding warrant on Jan. 13 for having failed to appear on court.
- Responded to a report about an irate woman refusing to leave the Addison Community Action office on Creek Road on Jan. 14. Police said the woman left prior to their arrival.
- Responded to a report of a juvenile drinking alcohol on school grounds on Jan. 14.
- Helped emergency responders get into a Kings Row home on Jan. 15.
- Searched in vain for a person who had allegedly been driving a car erratically on Route 7 South on Jan. 15.
- Responded to a noise complaint in the Court Street area on Jan. 15.
- Helped a Court Street business deal with an angry customer on Jan. 16.
- Conducted a safety check on a Counseling Service of Addison County client on Jan. 16.
Local car thief chased and caught in Stowe
A former Bristol resident is facing multiple charges after allegedly stealing a car in Mid … (read more)
Vergennes Police Log: Police help control 10-year-old at his home
Vergennes police helped calm an out-of-control 10-year-old boy at a city home on March 22, … (read more)
Vermont State Police Log for Mar. 30
A New Haven man died of injuries he sustained in a head-on crash on Route 125 in Ripton th … (read more)