Middlebury Police Log: Man cited for unlawful trespass at a school
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police on Dec. 30 cited Timothy Farr, 68, of Middlebury for unlawful trespass on Mary Hogan Elementary School property.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
- Responded to a noise complaint at a Valley View Road residence on Dec. 26.
- Responded to a noise complaint in the Court Street neighborhood on Dec. 27.
- Responded to a report of a person having a mental health crisis at a North Pleasant Street residence on Dec. 29. Police said Middlebury Regional EMS took the man to Porter Hospital.
- Removed an unwanted person from a Court Street residence on Dec. 29.
- Served a temporary restraining order on Dec. 29 to a man who wasn’t wanted on Porter Hospital grounds.
- Helped a local resident on Dec. 29 locate their vehicle, which had been towed.
- Assisted MREMS with a man who was reportedly having a mental health episode at the Residence at Otter Creek on Dec. 29.
- Ticketed a vehicle parked in violation of the winter parking ban near the intersection of Main Street and Merchants Row on Dec. 29.
- Took a suicidal man to Porter Hospital for mental health evaluation on Dec. 29.
- Responded to a report of a person having a mental health crisis in the North Pleasant Street area on Dec. 30.
- Investigated a report of a person allegedly consuming alcohol on Mary Hogan School grounds on Dec. 30.
- Received a report about a person refusing to leave a Court Street apartment on Dec. 30.
- Were informed of a suspected theft from a Seminary Street home on Dec. 30. Police said they would increase patrols in that area.
- Helped MREMS get into a locked apartment to respond to a medical alarm on Dec. 30.
- Ticketed vehicles in violation of the town’s winter parking ordinance in the downtown on Dec. 30.
- Responded with MREMS to a Court Street residence on Dec. 30 to assist a suicidal individual.
- Assisted MREMS with a woman who was having a mental health episode in the Main Street area on Dec. 31.
- Responded to a report of a dispute between an individual and Homeward Bound staff at the organization’s Boardman Street headquarters on Dec. 31.
- Ticketed vehicles parked on South Main Street in violation of the town’s winter parking ordinance on Dec. 31.
- Received a report about a vehicle allegedly pulling a sled at the recreation center grounds off Creek Road on Jan. 2.
- Ticketed vehicles downtown that were in violation of the town’s winter parking ordinance on Jan. 3.
A former long-term Middlebury College information technology specialist was sentenced on F … (read more)
Vergennes police are evaluating whether a man they found wandering through the Auto Creek … (read more)
A Middlebury woman and a Middlebury man in a stolen car on Monday night led Vermont State … (read more)