Middlebury Police Log: Woman taken to hospital after alleged altercation
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police last weekend took into protective custody a mentally ill woman for an involuntary examination at Porter Hospital. They took the action after she had allegedly been involved a physical altercation with her caregiver on June 13.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Assisted a local woman who said she’s been the victim of fraud on June 7.
• Investigated a suspected assault in the Washington Street area on June 7.
• Cited Travis Norris, 23, of Shoreham for driving with a suspended license on Halladay Road on June 7.
• Referred, to the Counseling Service of Addison County, a guest of the Charter House Coalition’s warming shelter who was experiencing a mental health crisis on June 7.
• Assisted a man who appeared to be suffering a mental health crisis in the Weybridge Street area on June 8.
• Served a temporary restraining order on a local woman in the Washington Street area on June 8.
• Served a temporary restraining order on a local person in the Delancy Lane area on June 8.
• Received a report of a local woman receiving unwanted text messages from a man on June 8.
• Responded to a report of two students leaving Middlebury Union Middle School grounds without permission on June 8.
• Conducted a welfare check on a man who was yelling in front of an Elm Street building on June 9. Police said the man told them he was “taking to spirits.”
• Gave a ride home to a drunken man who had fallen asleep on a Court Street resident’s porch on June 10.
• Investigated an accident with minor injuries on Exchange Street on June 10.
• Assisted a local caller whose parents were allegedly having mental health problems on June 10.
• Investigated a report of a bear in a Dumpster at the Jackson Lane apartments on June 10. Police determined it was a bear cub, and warned area resident to be careful of a mother bear in the area.
• Cited Tabitha Coe, 49, of Bristol with driving under the influence, following a traffic stop on Court Street on June 11.
• Assisted the Vermont Department for Children & Families investigate a “cruelty to a family member” allegation at a Jackson Lane home on June 11.
• Received a report on June 11 that someone had stolen a walker from in front of a Court Street residence.
• Served a no-trespass order on June 11 on a person who was not wanted at a Court Square business.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS on June 11 at the Jackson Lane apartments for medical call involving an overdose patient.
• Cited Donny Austin, 24, of Middlebury for driving under the influence following an incident on Route 7 North on June 12. Police said Austin was cited and released.
• Received a report about “possible drug activity” in the Mead Lane area on June 12.
• Investigated the potential violation of a court order in the Washington Street area on June 13.
• Investigated an allegation of underage people being served alcohol at a bar in the Court Square area on June 13. Police said they were unable to determine if an offense had occurred.
Criminals broke into the building that houses foreign workers at Sunrise Orchards in Cornw … (read more)
Two people were sent to the hospital — one by helicopter — after their car went off Route … (read more)
A West Street resident reported to Vergennes police on Jan. 19 that between $75 and $120 w … (read more)