Vermont State Police Log: Troopers find woman with drugs in barn
ADDISON COUNTY — Vermont State Police were dispatched to a Bennett Road home in Monkton on Nov. 3 at around 12:25 p.m. for a report of a suspicious individual who was discovered hiding in a barn.
Troopers said they found a woman identified as 37-year-old Jessica Baker of Starksboro and determined she had unlawfully trespassed into the barn. Police said they discovered that Baker was also in possession of a regulated drug.
They took Baker to Porter Medical Center for evaluation and later released her with a citation for unlawful trespass and possession of a regulated drug.
State police in the New Haven barracks did not issue any other press releases between Oct. 30 and Nov. 5, but they did offer a report of daily activity that included the following:
• Oct. 31, traffic hazard, half-mile west of Daniels Four Corners, Bristol.
• Oct. 31, suspicious person or circumstance, Mountain Road, Addison.
• Oct. 31, larceny from a building, Leicester Whiting Road, Leicester.
• Nov. 1, citizen assist, Shoreham Depot Road, Shoreham.
• Nov. 2, false alarm, Addison.
• Nov. 3, citizen dispute, Upper Plains Road, Salisbury.
• Nov. 3, family disturbance, Bristol Road, Monkton.
• Nov. 3, suspicious person of circumstance, Bennett Road, Monkton.
• Nov. 3, threatening, East Street, New Haven.
• Nov. 4, 911 hang-up, Basin Harbor Road, Ferrisburgh.
• Nov. 4, alarm, Ferrisburgh.
• Nov. 4, accident with damage, Route 17 and Old Gravel Lane, Starrksboro.
• Nov. 4, accident with injury, Morgan Horse Farm Road, Weybridge.
Criminals broke into the building that houses foreign workers at Sunrise Orchards in Cornw … (read more)
Two people were sent to the hospital — one by helicopter — after their car went off Route … (read more)
A West Street resident reported to Vergennes police on Jan. 19 that between $75 and $120 w … (read more)