Middlebury Police Log: Man cited for DUI
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Harry Mayer, 24, of Bethlehem, Conn., for driving under the influence following a traffic stop on Route 7 South on July 10.
Police said they measured Mayer’s blood-alcohol content at 0.153%, which is nearly twice the legal limit of 0.08%.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Responded to a report of a man believed to have overdosed at a Court Street business on July 5.
• Received a report about a vehicle stolen from the Foote Street area on July 5.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS in caring for a suspected overdose patient in the North Pleasant Street area on July 6.
• Responded with MREMS to a report of an injured person lying on the ground at the Jayne Court housing complex on July 7. Police said they found no injured person at the location.
• Were informed of the theft of a bike from the Old Chapel Road area on July 7.
• Investigated a report about an allegedly drunken man on Main Street on July 7.
• Served a temporary restraining order on a person in the Washington Street area on July 7.
• Received a complaint about a noisy waste disposal truck in the Meadow Glen Drive area at around 6 a.m. on July 7.
• Responded with Middlebury fire officials to a reported electrical fire at a Danyow Drive home on July 7.
• Responded to a noise complaint at a Court Street residence on July 8.
• Investigated allegations of underage drinking in the Court Street Extension area on July 8.
• Took to Porter Hospital a mental health patient who had been acting aggressively at a local Counseling Service of Addison County facility on July 8.
• Investigated a report of a man allegedly violating a temporary restraining order that had been filed against him by a local woman on July 8.
• Helped Vermont State Police evaluate a potentially drugged driver on July 8.
• Helped a South Street parent find a child who had left the home without permission on July 9.
• Calmed a mental health patient who has been acting aggressively toward a caregiver in the Route 7 South area on July 9.
• Heard from a local woman on July 10 who alleged her ex-boyfriend had been sending explicit photos of her to other people without her permission.
• Located a mental health patient who had left Porter Hospital without permission on July 10. Police said they were able to convince the patient to return to the hospital.
• Responded to a report on July 11 of a drunken man walking in the road on Route 125 West.
• Got help for a Benedict Lane woman who had been experiencing a medical emergency in her home on July 11. Police said a neighbor had requested the welfare check because the woman hadn’t been seen and hadn’t been answering knocks at her door.
Vergennes Police Log for May 25
Vergennes police on May 16 arrested a Vergennes resident on behalf of the federal Drug Enf … (read more)
Vermont State Police Log: Waltham woman dies in Route 7 crash in Ferrisburgh
Troopers report that a 2012 Subaru Impreza was traveling southbound on Route 7 near Dakin … (read more)
Middlebury Police Log: Man cited with mulitple assault charges
Middlebury police on Tuesday, May 16, cited a local young adult with multiple assault-rela … (read more)