Vergennes Police Log: Man cited for DLS had 4 DUIs
VERGENNES — Vergennes police on July 9 cited a man for driving with a criminally suspended license who they said had four previous convictions for driving under the influence of alcohol.
Cited was Corey Steady, 40, who police said had a most recent address of Vergennes. Police said he was stopped on Macdonough Drive when the vehicle he was operating came back through the system as belonging to a driver with a suspended license. Steady was cited into court in September and released, police said.
Vergennes police between July 8 and 14 also conducted 11 directed traffic patrols, during which they ticketed eight drivers and warned several more.
In other action during that week, city police:
On July 8:
• Received a complaint about a driver operating erratically on a regular basis on South Maple Street; police are attempting to make contact with the individual.
• Looked for a truck that was being operated erratically on Monkton Road, but were unsuccessful.
• Helped a motorist get into a locked vehicle on Monkton Road.
• Cited Kyriek Smith, 18, for domestic assault following an incident on South Water Street in which he allegedly pinned the victim against a wall and grabbed her arm.
On July 9, helped Vermont State Police in Westminster by serving a relief-from-abuse order to a Northlands Job Corps student.
On July 11:
• Were told an Amazon package was stolen from a car parked on South Water Street.
• Spoke to the operator of a dirt bike who was routinely making noise in the Booth Woods area; he agreed to repair its exhaust system.
• Helped John Graham Shelter personnel deal with a drunken resident.
• Dealt with a noise complaint at a Main Street apartment.
• Spoke to a family that was being disorderly on a regular basis at the city pool.
On July 12, helped VSP at a two-car accident on Botsford and Little Chicago roads in Ferrisburgh; on July 13, responded to a report of a suspicious vehicle parked on Hillside Drive and discovered the driver was not feeling well; and on July 14 helped a motorist get into a locked vehicle at Shaw’s Supermarket.
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.