Vermont State Police: State police crack down on impaired driving
ADDISON COUNTY/BRANDON — Vermont State Police cited a number of local residents and visitors to the area for impaired driving during the third week in February. During that week, troopers:
• On Feb. 19 at 6:15 p.m. were investigating a complaint when they were made aware that one of the parties involved may be driving impaired on Route 4 in Rutland Town. State Police report that Judith A. Tracy, 58, of Brandon displayed signs of impairment so they screened her for DUI. Troopers cited Tracey for DUI, second offense.
• On Feb. 21 at 11:15 a.m. stopped a speeding motor vehicle on Route 7 in New Haven. Police screened driver Scott Petrilak, 27, of Rutland for impairment and cited him for driving while under the influence of drugs.
• On Feb. 22 at approximately 4:30 p.m. stopped a motor vehicle without a front license plate on Route 7 in Ferrisburgh. Police said the driver, identified as Brent Casey, 40, of Weybridge, showed several signs of impairment. Casey was transported to the Vergennes Police Department where he participated in a Drug Influence Evaluation. Police cited Casey for driving under the influence of alcohol or another substance.
• On Feb. 23 at around 11:30 p.m. stopped a motor vehicle on Route 7 in Ferrisburgh and detected impairment of driver Lilian Canfield, 28, of Shelburne. Canfield participated in field sobriety tests and ultimately was cited for driving under the influence — test refusal.
• On Feb. 24 at around 10 minutes before 2 a.m. stopped a motor vehicle at the intersection of Business Route 4 and West Proctor Road in Rutland Town for an observed motor vehicle violation. Troopers screened driver Courtney Ethier, 25, of Brandon for impartment and cited her for driving under the influence, third offense violation of conditions of release; and driving with a criminally suspended license.
• On Feb. 24 at approximately 3:24 p.m. located Jessica Cutsinger, 36, of Leicester at a convenience store located in Bristol. Police took Cutsinger into custody on a warrant stemming from a petite larceny charge, and transported her to the New Haven barracks for processing. Police took Cutsinger to Marlboro Valley Corrections Facility and lodged her without bail.
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.