Bristol Police Log: Speeding draws multiple charges
BRISTOL — On Dec. 20 Bristol police arrested Cory Steady, 40, of Vergennes and cited him for driving with a suspended license and violating conditions of release, after having stopped him for speeding in Bristol.
Steady was ordered to appear in Addison Superior Court, criminal division, on March 4 to answer the charges.
Between Dec. 3 and 23, Bristol police completed 48 foot and car patrols at various locations, particularly on Mountain Street, Main Street, North Street and surrounding areas during student arrival and dismissal at Bristol Elementary School.
Officers also completed 11 hours and 15 minutes of directed patrol, traffic enforcement and patrols of the police district and the town under a town contract.
During that same period, officers checked security at Mount Abraham Union High School 13 times, completed 14 fingerprint requests, verified one vehicle identification number, conducted three business checks on Main Street and surrounding areas and three times secured unsecured buildings.
Bristol police assisted Vermont State Police on Dec. 6 (twice), Dec. 15, Dec. 20, Dec. 22 and Dec. 23; and assisted Bristol Rescue Squad on Dec. 6, Dec. 12, Dec. 18 and Dec. 23.
In other recent activity, Bristol police:
• On Dec. 3 opened an investigation into a suspicious complaint.
• On Dec. 3 responded to a dispute, collected information and forwarded it to the state’s attorney.
• On Dec. 3 facilitated the return of a purse that had been turned in to police.
• On Dec. 4 assisted with a training exercise hosted by the Mount Abraham Unified School District.
• On Dec. 4 responded to a minor traffic crash and filed a report.
• On Dec. 4 an officer completed annual mandated criminal justice information training.
• On Dec. 4 were notified that someone had lost their keys while hiking to the Bristol Ledges.
• On Dec. 5 assisted with a truancy case.
• On Dec. 6 responded to an alarm at Mount Abe and determined it to be false.
• On Dec. 6 assisted Mount Abe with an issue involving a juvenile.
• On Dec. 6 searched an electronic device on behalf of another agency.
• On Dec. 6 at 10:31 a.m. were dispatched to a local address to recover a syringe, which officers later determined through testing to contain heroin. The investigation is ongoing.
• On Dec. 6 an officer helped teach a class for faculty of the Mount Abraham Unified School District.
• On Dec. 6 assisted with a truancy case.
• On Dec. 6 served court-related paperwork.
• On Dec. 6 assisted someone who was locked out of their vehicle.
• On Dec. 7 an officer taught a computer class at the Vermont Police Academy.
• On Dec. 7 responded to a motor vehicle crash with minor injuries and planned to file a report.
• On Dec. 7 responded to a complaint but observed no unusual or illegal activity.
• On Dec. 10 received the delayed report of a one-car crash and planned to file a report.
• On Dec. 10 responded to an alarm that turned out to be false.
• On Dec. 11 checked the welfare of a citizen.
• On Dec. 11 assisted Bristol Elementary School with a school resource concern.
• On Dec. 11 an officer attended required first-aid and CPR training.
• On Dec. 12 investigated a tobacco possession complaint.
• On Dec. 13 facilitated the return of a cellphone that had been found at Waterworks off Plank Road.
• On Dec. 13 assisted the administration of the Mount Abraham Unified School District without incident.
• On Dec. 13 assisted with a truancy case.
• On Dec. 13 conducted a security detail.
• On Dec. 13 investigated a motor vehicle complaint but were unable to locate the vehicle.
• On Dec. 13 opened an investigation into the report of a suspicious incident.
• On Dec. 14 assisted the court with a truancy case.
• On Dec. 14 an officer completed a one-hour webinar on the new child passenger seat check form, which started being used Jan. 1, 2019.
• On Dec. 14 investigated a motor vehicle crash without injury and planned to file a report.
• On Dec. 15 investigated the report of suspicious circumstances and discovered that the issue had been resolved without incident.
• On Dec. 15 investigated a motor vehicle complaint but were unable to local the vehicle.
• On Dec. 16 opened an investigation into a potential probation violation.
• On Dec. 17 received a delayed report of a motor vehicle crash.
• On Dec. 17 responded to a 911 hang-up call that was determined to have been placed by accident.
• On Dec. 18 assisted in a juvenile process without incident.
• On Dec. 18 assisted another agency with an investigation.
• On Dec. 19 assisted in a juvenile process without incident.
• On Dec. 19 check the welfare of a local resident and observed no issues or concerns.
Mark A. Nelson of Bristol
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
High school athletes ready for fall playoffs this week
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Uncategorized
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Notice of Sale
Ethan Allen Storage 100622 1×1.75