Vermont State Police Log: Two teens trapped in car crash
ADDISON COUNTY — Vermont State Police and other first responders helped rescue two teenagers who were trapped in their car after it went off the road and rolled onto a frozen stream in Ferrisburgh this past Friday night.
At around 10:39 p.m. on Jan. 26, troopers were notified that a 2002 Subaru Impreza had crashed near the fishing access on Hawkins Road in Ferrisburgh. Police report that a 17-year-old Vergennes resident was driving the car when she failed to negotiate a curve near the fishing access and lost control of her vehicle. The Subaru left the right side of roadway, hit a tree and rolled onto its side on a frozen waterway trapping both the driver and a 16-year-old passenger in the vehicle.
With the assistance of the Vergennes and Charlotte fire and rescue personnel, the two were removed from the vehicle and transported to the University of Vermont Medical Center for treatment of injuries to their lower extremities.
The crash is still under investigation.
In other recent activity, Vermont State Police:
• On Jan. 24 stopped a vehicle driven by 51-year-old Darrell Gevry of Brandon on Court Street in Middlebury. In the end, police cited Gevry for driving with a criminally suspended license, giving false information to a police officer and violation of conditions of release. Troopers jailed Gevry at the Chittenden Regional Correctional Facility for lack of $2,750 bail.
• On Jan. 25 lodged a Huntington man at the Southern State Correctional Facility on $20,000 bail for several serious drug offenses.
At around 1 p.m. last Thursday troopers stopped a motor vehicle driven by Wayland Ray, 28, on Rockingham Road in Rockingham for numerous violations. While speaking him, police found on Ray drug paraphernalia and prescription pills not prescribed to him. In a search of his car, police say they found 246 bags of heroin, more than 2 ounces of crack cocaine and a loaded .40 caliber handgun. Police cited Ray for trafficking heroin, trafficking heroin into Vermont, use of a firearm while dispensing drugs, possession of a narcotic drug, driving under the influence of drugs (second offense), possession of cocaine and possession of heroin.
• On Jan. 25 at approximately 6:51 p.m. stopped a car driven by 33-year-old Andrew Clingenpeel of Vergennes on North Pleasant Street in Middlebury, Vermont after observing a traffic violation. State police detected signs of impairment and screened Clingenpeel for driving under the influence and ultimately cited him for DUI (second offense) and giving false information to a law enforcement officer.
• On Jan. 27 at approximately 6:30 p.m. stopped a black 2008 Saab sedan on Exchange Street in Middlebury after observing an equipment violation. Police cited the driver, identified as 54-year-old Thomas Erickson of Colchester, for driving with a criminally suspended license. Middlebury police assisted at this stop.
• On Jan. 28 at a little before 11 p.m. stopped a 2002 VW Jetta on Route 22A in Bridport after observing an equipment violation. At this stop, state police cited Thomas Denuccio, 24, of Shelburne for driving with a criminally suspended license.
Vermont State Police release a daily log of a selection of their activities. In Addison County, those activities included:
• Jan. 21, animal problem, Vincent Drive, Bristol.
• Jan. 21, missing person, Bittersweet Falls Road, Weybridge.
• Jan. 21, directed patrol, Route 7 and Maple Run Road, Leicester.
• Jan. 21, 911 hang up, Hooker Road, Leicester.
• Jan. 22, motor vehicle/disturbances, Route 116 North, Bristol.
• Jan. 22, alarm, Dragon Brook Road, Ripton.
• Jan. 23, motor vehicle disturbances, Route 17 East, Addison.
• Jan. 23, driving without proof of insurance, Route 22A, Bridport.
• Jan. 24, directed patrol, Route 17 East, Addison.
• Jan. 24, agency assist, Natural Turnpike, Ripton.
• Jan. 24, motor vehicle disturbances, Maple Street at Route 7, Leicester.
• Jan. 24, arrest on a warrant, Court Street, Middlebury.
• Jan. 24, traffic crash, Route 17 West and Jersey Street, Addison.
• Jan. 24, directed patrol, Bakery Lane, Middlebury.
• Jan. 24, alarm, Lake Dunmore Road, Salisbury.
• Jan. 25, motor vehicle disturbances, Route 7, New Haven.
• Jan. 25, directed patrol, Route 7, New Haven.
• Jan. 25, DUI, North Pleasant Street, Middlebury.
• Jan. 26, directed patrol, Route 7, New Haven.
• Jan. 26, alarm, Basin Harbor Road, Panton.
• Jan. 26, directed patrol, Route 7 and Town Hill Road, New Haven.
• Jan. 26, crash with injury, Hawkins Road, Ferrisburgh.
• Jan. 27, assist with some mental health issues, North Road, Whiting.
• Jan. 27, driving with a criminally suspended license, Elm Street, Middlebury.
• Jan. 28, motor vehicle disturbances, Routes 7 and 22A, Ferrisburgh.
• Jan. 28, 911 hangup, Drake Woods Road, Bristol.
• Jan. 29, burglary/breaking and entering. Green Road North, Lincoln.
• Jan. 29, welfare check, Hunt Farm Road, Bristol.
• Jan. 29, 911 hangup, Silver Lake Road, Goshen.
• Jan. 29, welfare check, Leland Road, Salisbury.
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.