Vergennes Police Log: Police in Vergennes make two drug-related arrests
VERGENNES — Vergennes police made one arrest and issued one drug citation last week based on tips.
On March 20 they arrested a Vergennes man on outstanding warrants from Burlington. Police on that Monday went to Riverside Apartments on Main Street based on information they received from a relative of James Porcaro, 29, and took him into custody. Police lodged Porcaro at the Chittenden Regional Correctional Facility.
On March 22 they stopped a vehicle on North Main Street near the city police station based on a tip that the operator was in possession of narcotics. They cited Karyn Lefebvre, 31, of Winooski for illegal possession of the controlled substances suboxone, an opioid, and gabapentin, a prescription drug used to treat seizures that has also been used by drug abusers.
In other action between March 20 and 26, Vergennes police:
• On March 20 following a complaint spoke to the South Water Street owner of a barking dog.
• On March 20 listened to a complaint of alleged damage to a vehicle while at the New Haven Road car wash and determined it was a civil issue.
• On March 21 accepted a cell phone a citizen found in a Walker Avenue snow bank; police said they cannot identify its owner.
• On March 21 helped the Vergennes Area Rescue Squad at a South Maple Street call.
• On March 24 went to check on a report of a stalled commercial truck near the Otter Creek bridge; it was gone.
• On March 24 took a report that a car parked on Main Street had been struck by an unknown vehicle.
• On March 24 helped the Vergennes Area Rescue Squad at a Main Street call.
• On March 24 and 26 helped motorists get into their locked cars on Main Street.
• On March 25 cited George Sheldrick, 33, of Salisbury for driving under the influence of alcohol. Police said they stopped his vehicle while they were in Waltham helping Vermont State Police at an accident scene. Police allege that Sheldrick’s blood-alcohol content tested at 0.135 after his vehicle almost struck the VSP cruiser and a tow truck; the legal limit for driving is 0.08.
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.